• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lighter?

I used a cheapy p.o.s. until I bought a Blazer Little Buddy. Lame name, great lighter. Interesting that a few have had trouble with their "little buddy." :laugh: :whistling: Mine has been great so far.

Makes me think of Gilligan and the skipper.

Look into a perdomo triple flame. I have been using it for awhile now and its absolutely amazing. You can carry it in your pocket, its a little heavy, but not too bad. Lights your cigar pretty quickly and is very dependable. The price isn't too bad because its practically a portable table torch.

How often do you have to refill the triple flame?

I have a single flame torch and I have to refill it nearly every day :-(

David

I just use this.

real-genius-laser.jpg

Clean. Also makes popcorn.

You're a real genius, buddy!

I picked up a Vertigo Impact by Lotus that was in the "clearance" bin at the local B&M. My link Does the job, but the thing runs out of butane so fast because the tank is really small. One cool thing about it is that after you open the cap, theres a chrome plate (most likely for heat resistance) on the inside of it, and you can really see when the cigar is nice a lit while you puffing on it.

Very interested in the Blazer products after hearing all the great reviews.

I love my Xikar Trezo and I refill it about once a month.

trezo3.jpg

trezo2.jpg

trezo4.jpg

trezo5.jpg

How often do you have to refill the triple flame?

I have a single flame torch and I have to refill it nearly every day :-(

David

Not that often, its got a big tank. Plus with three flames it lights much faster than a single. I feel like I waste a lot more butane with a single.

I must not be holding my mouth right or something. I've bought two torches. One from my local shop and another from CI. Neither were too expensive, about $20-$25 I believe. They both worked great when I first got them but then after a refill or two neither will work. I threw one away and the other won't light no matter how hard I try to fill it. I've been using Ronson to refill. Just finally gave up and have been using matches. Matches suck for touch ups though.

I must not be holding my mouth right or something. I've bought two torches. One from my local shop and another from CI. Neither were too expensive, about $20-$25 I believe. They both worked great when I first got them but then after a refill or two neither will work. I threw one away and the other won't light no matter how hard I try to fill it. I've been using Ronson to refill. Just finally gave up and have been using matches. Matches suck for touch ups though.

I drawered my first two lighters because they stopped working. I filled, disassembled an reassembled, cleaned, and adjusted the electric ignition (a trick I learned with my pizeo backpacking stoves). Nothing! Then after a tip from a BOTL, I learned to clean the nozzle with duster. Both were good as new and still work perfectly. Might be the problem, might not, but it is worth a try.

I drawered my first two lighters because they stopped working. I filled, disassembled an reassembled, cleaned, and adjusted the electric ignition (a trick I learned with my pizeo backpacking stoves). Nothing! Then after a tip from a BOTL, I learned to clean the nozzle with duster. Both were good as new and still work perfectly. Might be the problem, might not, but it is worth a try.

+1 on this. Try using compressed air or something to clear out the nozzle. Also make sure to purge.

After you clean it with compressed air, never use the Ronson fuel again. I used that too, until all my lighters stopped working. The fuel is dirty. That is why you need to get some highly refined fuel. Get some 4x or 5x refined fuel and that will help.

Brandon

Good one above!

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but how many cigars do you get out of your torch lighter? I feel i get about 4-6, depending on how thick it is. Still being a 'noob' at this, I feel it doesn't last long.

I currently have a 2 flame Vector and a 1 flame Ronson (gifted in an exchange!)

There is brand called JetLine that makes some really fine lighters. Most have life time warranties (ship back to manu.). They range from $15 to $30 and come in all sorts of sizes, shapes, colors, and finishes. Great lighters...

Aside from using 4x or 5x filtered butane and cleaning out your lighter with compressed air, you should also be sure to purge your lighter of any little bit of remaining butane before refilling it. It will make a huge difference.

Buy a Blazer!

Link to CP Store: http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?app=nexus&module=payments&cat=1

I do purge it. Not sure about the filtered butane.. It was a bottle from walmart. Next bottle ill try a known cigar brand.

I haven't had to clean it.. Maybe I'll try it.

I took the advice everyone gave here. Cleaned with compressed air, purged, and refilled. Still won't light itself but if I use a match and then hold down the lighter button it fires (wouldn't even do that before) and the flame is like it should be. I'm guessing the igniter is not working .

Thanks for all the help.

I took the advice everyone gave here. Cleaned with compressed air, purged, and refilled. Still won't light itself but if I use a match and then hold down the lighter button it fires (wouldn't even do that before) and the flame is like it should be. I'm guessing the igniter is not working .

Thanks for all the help.

Sounds like the igniter

Thanks for all the help.

Sounds like the igniter

Buy a Blazer and be done with it. I've had mine for years and it works, perfectly, every time.

Not pretty, not fancy, not shiny....just an awesomely functional tool that will get the job done every time.

B.B.S.

This. Mine has disappeared and it is the only thing I would consider replacing it with.

I use a Ronson Jet Light also, best bang for you buck around $4.00 at Wal-Mart, do get the better fuel for it will work better, I've used the same one for almost 2 years now with little or no problems.
These are great if you can find them.
Buy a Blazer and be done with it. I've had mine for years and it works, perfectly, every time.

Not pretty, not fancy, not shiny....just an awesomely functional tool that will get the job done every time.

B.B.S.

This. Mine has disappeared and it is the only thing I would consider replacing it with.
Yup and yup. Best value and dependable.

Follow Rod's link and get some Vector Quintuple Refined, too.