• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lighters

ParaGod

Semper Fi
Okay the time has come. :( . My lighter which I have used for 4 years is gone, I dropped it in the lake, on my last camp out. :( :( and now I need to get a new one. So since everybody here really needs a good reason to post pad, here is a great one. I am looking for a lighter, that is torch style, with(if possible) built in cutter. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Plus if anybody has a nice spare lighter ;) laying around, I would be sooooo grateful. :D :D :D

Used to have a nice Colibri torch lighter with a built-in punch. Lost it somehow and just replaced it. When looking for a replacement I considered that: I never used the punch and I decided I didn't like the laser flame. So I ended up getting a Prometheus Liquid. Has a big round flame for lighting those robustos and looks pretty slick too. Got the black matte/gun metal. Here's a pic:
liquid06.jpg

The only thing I miss is the tiny flame for touching up a crooked burn but I've decided to just smoke better cigars from now on.

For a torch, do a search on Ebay for ASG pocket lighters. They are a copy of the pb209 Blazzer and at $4.00 a pop you can't get hurt. I bought several. :p Then get a SAC on CigarBid for your cutter. :D

Call the CIgar Dave Show Saturday Noon-2 EST and ask him about it. He may give you one. Call him early after lighting up. If he doesn't give you one, he is a walking Colibri catalog. He can advise you.

PG, check out the Blazer pocket torch (BLZPB207) on the following site:

Blazer Torch

I have used the same Blazer for six years now with no problems.

For a cutter go with the SAC or the Palio. :thumbs:

In my honest opinion, I have been extremely happy with my $20 Vector tourch. It doesn't have a cutter built into it, but it has been a great lighter. Very easy to refill, which always seems to be a problem.

Just to add a little endnote, I have taken it out with some buddies, along with my $75 Colibri, and my friends like the Vector alot more.

Just my $0.02 worth.

ALostTexan

My colibri trifecta has been great so far (knocks on wood)

If I was in the market for another, (which I am) I'd prolly get DuPont Extend.

Neither have cutters, but Ive never been a fan of the combos.

Have never heard of either the SAC or Palio cutters. Info please? I've been real happy with my Xicar and also with the cheapie Havana.
My favorite 2 lighters (so far) have been a twin flame Solo, about $20, and an ASG Pocket Torch. Neither have cutters, though.

Psyktek

I love my Blazers.. both the Bullet model and the replacement to the PB-207... I'd recommend these in a flash!

Aloha,

Wade

I love my new Colibri's! :love: Thanks to Emo and Charlie ;) The double x flame is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet on any size cigar! I have not used the punch cutter yet, but that SOB is sharp. :thumbs:

JOE.M. said:
I love my new Colibri's! :love: Thanks to Emo and Charlie ;) The double x flame is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet on any size cigar! I have not used the punch cutter yet, but that SOB is sharp. :thumbs:
Joe that is the lighter I will most likely get. I just have to wait until September.

Blazer for consistent reliability and tough as nails. It can take a licking. Dupont for those elegant social evenings when we stick our nose a little higher. :0 ;) :D

I have both and if I had to choose only one lighter it would be the blazer.