• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lighting your stick

When I first started, I was totally into using the cedar strips and lighting cigars slowly over time.  I think I've gotten impatient and have been wondering why a lot of the cigars I use to like taste off to me now and I wonder if this is the reason.  Definitely going to give this a try, thanks for the link.

Tried this on a few sticks now and I think it is safe to say it's good method to use. I did find one drawback though with big RG sticks. My 60 RG I just lit required some extra toasting after the cut to get it all, but overall resulted in a nicer tasting cigar.

Isn't this the way they used to light cigars at Casa Fuente?

Edited for grammar.

You of course could also do it using a cedar spill which works as well and gives a nice toasted cedar taste as well... just saying

I am definitely going to try this out. Heck, I got nothing to lose! I have been smoking the way I have for over 25 years. If this will enhance my experience, I'm down for it.

Tried it this weekend. I didn't notice a huge difference but then again I was 3 Woodford Reserves deep...try again this weekend.