• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

liked it so much...I hurled.

indy

Reaction score
I've been smoking something every night in my anxiousness to try everything, and I was smoking a CAO Gold last night that was really hitting the spot. Of course being the newb I started smoking the last 1/3 or so way to fast. Man I havn't been that sick in a long time. :laugh:

I did some deep searching about this today and found some good advice, so hopefully I'll not be repeating that mistake. :blush: The wife got a good laugh though; she said I looked green, and then white. Nicotine poisioning is nothing to laugh at; I've learned my lesson...for now. :p

How not to get sick:
- Never smoke on an empty stomach.
- Carbs and sugar are good to prevent sickness.
- Smoke slowly, 1-2 ppm max until your used to the nicotine.
- Spit or rinse your mouth out to slow absorbtion of nicotine.
- If you start to feel dizzy, slow down and maybe eat or drink something sweet (candy, sugar cube)
- Smoke more cigars to build up tolerance to nicotine. :thumbs:

Yep, that about sums it up.

We tend to learn far more from our failures, than from our successes.

I learned the same lesson a while back. It was an Hoyo Dark Sumatra Espresso accompanied by a whiskey of some kind. It was late in the afternoon and I hadnt eaten anything all day, but I figured I would have a cigar before going out to meet some friends for dinner. Lets just say that may be my worst cigar experience ever. Never happened again though

:laugh: Yup! That's the look alright. Fortunately Noone took any pics last night. :blush:

Hehe, had a similar experience with a Dark Knight the other day. Had to lay down a bit.

It warms my heart to know I have helped a fellow BOTL with a new experience....But, you might want to watch out for a couple of the other ones too! :laugh:

B

:D Thanks for sharing. Most of us have been down that road once.

Wilkey

- Smoke slowly, 1-2 ppm max until your used to the nicotine.

Does that mean Puffs Per Minutes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's TFF, I've never saw that type of referrence before, although have searched for a way to describe it :laugh:

:D Thanks for sharing. Most of us have been down that road once.

Wilkey

I have never been down that road. I guess nicotine and scotch makes up the primary component of my blood. :laugh: There was a couple of times that a cigar really laid me out tho but never toss my cookies.

I never turned green, but I got a couple of VR Don Alejandros (the smoke that got me into this wonderful habit) and gave one to my brother-in-law and as we were finishing up, he forgot for a moment what he was smoking and took a nice inhale and he sure as hell turned green!

Well that was the problem...those CAO Gold's are waaay to strong....should stick with the litto gomez's or the JDN Antano's. ;)

I dont think I turned green or got sick to my stomache the first time I smoke a gar at 19 when I ran out of cigs and had to steal one of dad's gars.I have only had two instances in the past few months where while smokeing a certain cigar I felt it in my stomach but not in a bad way or too much where I got sick,I kind of liked it actually.Never got a headrush either.

I've had this happen to me a couple of times. The offending smokes were an Opus and a Fuente Double Chateau Natural. I'm not sure how the natty happened, but the Opus I have a clear memory of. Oh well!