• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Limited Edition Jars

The Green Monkey

Brap-brap
Are the jars themselves considered collector's items?

I was fiddlefarting around the interweb and came across {edit--a site} selling an empty jar for $1,199.

Is that for real, or just some astronomically inflated, long-shot, maybe-some-sucker-will-come-along-and-actually-pay-this-much sort of listing?

Edit--I looked a little closer at the site (I stumbled upon it via google while just looking for info on jars, not necessarily the cigars) and realized it was a full blown retailer.

Not only was I jumping the gun by accidentally posting a CC retailer (whose reputation may or may not be suspect--I don't know) but I was fooled by some misleading verb tenses on their site which suggested to me that the jar was empty, but upon further review, that didn't seem to be the case after all.

Grateful--Thanks for all of the info and for pointing out my gaffe!!!

Are the jars themselves considered collector's items?

I was fiddlefarting around the interweb and came across xxxxxxx selling an empty jar for $1,199.

Is that for real, or just some astronomically inflated, long-shot, maybe-some-sucker-will-come-along-and-actually-pay-this-much sort of listing?

1) Careful on linky-ing a possible source.
2) Make sure you research(search here) regarding said 'source'
3) The jar and smokes run around that price.
4) The jar has been known to sell for around 1-2 hundred.

I traded away haf my Cohiba Pyramids for Sublimes. I guess I shoud of sold the jar instead of giveing it away

Haven't fired them up in a LONG time. Still have one Monte and one Cuaba left from the jars. I think it's time.

The jar with the cigars retailed for $325 US (in Cuba) when it came out. John

I paid $325 for the Montes and $500 for the Cohibas in 5ta y 16. Does not surprise me if they were less elswhere. Later I think the Montes were $131 and $200 for the Cohibas in the boxes. John

$500 for the Cohiba's was the offical state price, $265 for the Monte's and $350 for Cuaba. Any of the stores could charge more but those were the official price. Thats what I paid anyway.

Bob