• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lingo at CP

unkind

hey everyone :) new member and a longggggggggg time reader :laugh:

I have been smoking cigars for about a year maybe...20 years old. I know some stuff about cigars from reading peoples posts here and what not...but curious on a couple things...yea I am noob :D

okay so...first off... what do these various things mean? ISOM, B&M, WOAM etc... ?? I can't seem to find the answers anywhere :(

okay and a weird cigar question... you know how all cigars have similar but different tastes, is it mainly to do with how they grow their tobacco and age it and what not? I notice lots of guys like to refer to some tastes as "chocolaty" or something similar, do they actually sprinkle like...bits of chocolate into the cigar leaves?

Lol, yea I know odd question and very lame and noobish...but just curious :D

thankies, glad to be a part of this community, hopefully I'll post some reviews of the cigars I can get ahold of up here in Canada :blush:

okay so...first off... what do these various things mean? ISOM, B&M, WOAM etc... ?? I can't seem to find the answers anywhere :(

okay and a weird cigar question... you know how all cigars have similar but different tastes, is it mainly to do with how they grow their tobacco and age it and what not? I notice lots of guys like to refer to some tastes as "chocolaty" or something similar, do they actually sprinkle like...bits of chocolate into the cigar leaves?

http://www.cigarpass.com/cigar_lingo.shtml

As to the chocolate question, let me answer it with another. When a wine tastes like cherry (many Pinot Noirs) or has hints of apricot (some German rieslings), are they sprinkling in little bits of fruit into the grapes?

hey everyone :) new member and a longggggggggg time reader :laugh:

I have been smoking cigars for about a year maybe...20 years old. I know some stuff about cigars from reading peoples posts here and what not...but curious on a couple things...yea I am noob :D

Lol, yea I know odd question and very lame and noobish...but just curious :D

thankies, glad to be a part of this community, hopefully I'll post some reviews of the cigars I can get ahold of up here in Canada :blush:

1. Welcome!
2. Go to the Introduction forum and fill out an intro.
3. Lingo 1
Lingo 2
ISOM- Island South of Miami
B&M- Brick & Mortar- Local cigar stores
WOAM- Work of Art Maduro- A fuente Cigar

4. There are some flavored cigars that have actual flavoring in them, but for the most part you won't find a high quality flavored cigar. Some cigars just give off flavors that can be best described with other well known flavors.

Edit: Damn in the time it took me to type this up all the above had already been said :angry: ;)

As to the chocolate question, let me answer it with another. When a wine tastes like cherry (many Pinot Noirs) or has hints of apricot (some German rieslings), are they sprinkling in little bits of fruit into the grapes?

I dunno, I don't drink wine :laugh:

Thanks for the links guys, but the lingo I am refering to isn't "internet" lingo like the stuff on the "forum lingo" page reads...

I was meaning more like what I said "B&M" and ISOM?(sp?) and what not... :(

http://www.cigarpass.com/cigar_lingo.shtml

Here is the cigar lingo.

Sorry for the wine analogy, but the flavor complexity comes solely from the leaf. You might want to read up on the concept of "terrior" for some in depth info on why some identical plants could taste completely different, even when planted with only a short distance in between.

I dunno, I don't drink wine :laugh:

Thanks for the links guys, but the lingo I am refering to isn't "internet" lingo like the stuff on the "forum lingo" page reads...

I was meaning more like what I said "B&M" and ISOM?(sp?) and what not... :(

Did you read more and post less?

???

4 guy's gave you the same link.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

its okay :laugh: its nice to know a community thats so friendly, its what we need more in the world :love:

thanks for all the info guys, hopefully you have helped someone else out instead of just lil' ol' me :laugh:

its okay :laugh: its nice to know a community thats so friendly, its what we need more in the world :love:

thanks for all the info guys, hopefully you have helped someone else out instead of just lil' ol' me :laugh:

Since you are a 'longggggggggg time reader :laugh: ', you know that someone will address the grammar in your post...no?

Let's try this:

It's okay. :laugh: It's nice to know a community that's so friendly. It's what we need more of in the world! :love:
Thanks for all the info guys. Hopefully you have helped someone else out, instead of just lil' ol' me. :laugh:

You may find it's a bit more appropriate for this friendly site. ;)