• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lionel Trains

oke&coke

Shut up baby I know it!
Does anyone here collect or repair Lionel train sets?  I have a couple of post war loco's that need some repair work as well as a prewar set that needs overhaul (body and electrical work).  If you or someone you know of can help let me know.  I can post pics next time I am at my parents house.

I don't, but very cool you have some. I actually live a couple miles from the factory they make them at or used to (I think!).

When I was younger I worked at a local hobby store and back then I'd been able to help you. Unfortunately I've lost touch with all those folks, but it was a big deal back then (the trains).

Funny you should bring your story up. The trains I have now are replacements bought for a train set we lost in a house fire some years ago. Those trains belonged to my dad and were given to him by his grandmother in 1955. Back then she worked for Lionel somewhere in NJ.

I don't know much about those but, if I had to find someone with those skills, I'd check forums, or call some of the 
Model RR museums. I've been to 2 museums. One in the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel, in Tenn, and there was once one in Jacksonville, FL.

I have a fair share of Lionel, and I do my own amateur repair work.  Never dabbled in any body work, as I think you can usually find a better example on eBay, unless it's like a Hudson or something.

ETA: I agree with the sentiment that a model RR specific forum would be a great place to start.

The model railroad forums were going to be my next stop but I figured I would ask here first.  Thanks everyone.