• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liquor Acquisitions 2023, 2024

Finally got one this is 2022 batch 3. I have been looking for one since it's release in 2021. I was able to try a couple of pours and decided that I had to have one.
How is it? I'm nursing my single bottle, had some last night.

Pension back pay bonus round: I laid in a few nice things. :cool:

The bourbons:

IMG_2268.jpg
WR Double Oaked for sipping, Maker's Mark Cask Strength for Old Fashioneds, and Uncle Nearest 1856 because it's GOOD.

The Scotch:

IMG_2269.jpg
The Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban and Balvenie Doublewood are longtime faves; I'm really looking forward to trying the Dalmore Cigar Malt---some of you may remember when they offered a Cigar Malt for like $34 and then replaced it with a top shelf spendy version after it was discontinued. This is that one, and will be the first time I've had it.

The pantry bar shelf is looking pretty good:

IMG_2270.jpg

~Boar

Company coming in this weekend so I picked up a bottle of Penelope Barrel Strength. Curious about it. A lot of reviews knock it because it's young.

Last edited:
Company coming in this weekend so I picked up a bottle of Penelope Barrell Strength. Curious about it. A lot of reviews knock it because it's young.
Agreed, I have liked every pour I've had.. Which is a lot because a buddy of mine is a rep for them.

Pension back pay bonus round: I laid in a few nice things. :cool:

The bourbons:

View attachment 73269
WR Double Oaked for sipping, Maker's Mark Cask Strength for Old Fashioneds, and Uncle Nearest 1856 because it's GOOD.

The Scotch:

View attachment 73270
The Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban and Balvenie Doublewood are longtime faves; I'm really looking forward to trying the Dalmore Cigar Malt---some of you may remember when they offered a Cigar Malt for like $34 and then replaced it with a top shelf spendy version after it was discontinued. This is that one, and will be the first time I've had it.
Yep. I had a bottle of the Dalmore Cigar Malt at that $30-something price. I liked it a lot too. I also started buying Doublewood when it was under $40. The Balvenie is still a solid dram at $65 these days.

Yep. I had a bottle of the Dalmore Cigar Malt at that $30-something price. I liked it a lot too. I also started buying Doublewood when it was under $40. The Balvenie is still a solid dram at $65 these days.

The spendier version was delicious and definitely went as well or better with cigars than the original, but at $150+ it won't be on my shelf very often. Well worth it, I thought, but I just don't buy in that range much.

~Boar

The spendier version was delicious and definitely went as well or better with cigars than the original, but at $150+ it won't be on my shelf very often. Well worth it, I thought, but I just don't buy in that range much.

~Boar
Yeah, I didn't see any magical pairing qualities with cigars on the old version, but I did like it!

Yeah, I didn't see any magical pairing qualities with cigars on the old version, but I did like it!

I may have succumbed to the suggestiveness of the hype but I always thought it went really well with cigars. Not overwhelming them or overwhelmed by them, just smoky/malty enough.

~Boar

Company coming in this weekend so I picked up a bottle of Penelope Barrel Strength. Curious about it. A lot of reviews knock it because it's young.
The Penelope Barrel Strength went over big with everyone. At 112 proof we didn't find it "hot" like many barrel or cask strength offerings over 100 proof. Pretty impressed. Lovely pairing with the medium/medium-full cigars we were smoking.

We also did some damage on a bottle of Lagavulin Distillers Edition (2023) which was also extremely good. PX cask finish that made it ridiculously smooth.

Lastly, for you Rum lovers, I highly recommend Dos Maderas 5+5 Triple Aged Rum. I paid $39 for the bottle which in Connecticut is the same price point as Diplomatico Reserva, one of my favorite rums. I think the Dos Maderos is going to replace it as my "go-to" sipping rum.