• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lit fingers

Treamayne

On the run...
Warning - this post screams NEWBIE.......

So, what is the easiest / prefered lighting method. Lighters seem difficult, especiall when the bowl is low and matches are too short and reach my flesh before the backy. Are there longer matches? I know I've heard of "pipe lighters" but never seen them. Neither of those are sold here anyway.

GB only said
You apply open flame, whether from a match, lighter or other such contrivance and puff on the pipe until it is lit.
but doesn't mention the best source of said open flame or any techniques specifically used.

-K-

I use a Zippo with a pipe lighter attachment or a Nimrod pipe lighter.

I found cheap lighters don't work well either other than for that first initial light. I'd suggest trying wooden matchs, if a typical length is still to short you should be able to find Kitchen Matchs (that's what I remember them being called) that you can strike on anything to light, they're about twice as long as a normal cardboard book match.

I use my torch lighter, same I use on cigars. Just be sure you light the tobacco and not the side of the bowl.

Tried to use a torch lighter and charred the rim of the bowl. :angry:

Matches and a bic just burnt my fingers. :whistling:

Did some asking around and theIM Corona Old Boy's are regarded as great pipe lighters.

Picked up this one on Ebay for $57, brand new. :thumbs:

This is one dang good lighter, butane with a sideways flame.

I just bic it, I think torches get it too hot and can just about destroy the flavor of the tabacco since smoking my pipe is a very rare event I can"t really justify spending a lot of money on a pipe lighter

For those of you that aren't coordinated enough to use a lighter there is always kitchen matches. :laugh: :sign:

geldor1 said:
Picked up this one on Ebay for $57, brand new. :thumbs:

This is one dang good lighter, butane with a sideways flame.
[snapback]164535[/snapback]​

That was a great find! About 1/3 the lowest retail I could find. :thumbs: