• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Little Feat ands friends--------Join the Band

Robbmt

Thermal UP!!!!!!
I have had this for two days waiting for this evening. Finally took the shrink wrap off,---------Awesome (parrothead predjudice)

After a 25 mile bike ride to slow myself physically and then dinner of BBQ dry rub ribs and chicken to sate ourselves Me an two friends retired to the deck for a perfect 72 degree evening with occassional breezes blowing for a listening party.

A La Aurora 100 Anos
Bottle of Germain-Robin Old Havana alambic brandy -- (more on that later)

Classic Little Feat with Buffetesque overtones-- actually you can imagine youself down in the French quarter on a lively night.

Lots of old Feat tunes reworked and a new way of hearing them. (a pure sonic pleasure--IMHO)

Seems a lot of cool people wanted to be on this album-- Dave Mathews(excellent)----Bob Seger(How Cool)--Jimmy (Oh Yeah)----Sonny Landreth, Bela Fleck (Both too cool)---- Sam Bush(How bout that) --- Brooks and Dunn and Emylou Harris(Believe it)--Vince Gill(Believe it)--Chris Robinson and Craig fuller(awesome)

I love hearing all the songs reworked even is some are slower and more country then the versions I'm used to hearing. Also, some other songs get covered with that Feat kinda groove style--- See you Later Alligator, and This Land is your Land
Then imagine them covering The Weight from The Band-- oh yeah that works.

15 songs ending with them covering Jimmy's I will play for Gumbo.

As you can tell this was an awesome soundtrack to say goodbye to Summer. It will be in my car for days.

My personal favorite-- Jimmy helping to sing Time Loves a Hero

I have had this for two days waiting for this evening. Finally took the shrink wrap off,---------Awesome (parrothead predjudice)

After a 25 mile bike ride to slow myself physically and then dinner of BBQ dry rub ribs and chicken to sate ourselves Me an two friends retired to the deck for a perfect 72 degree evening with occassional breezes blowing for a listening party.

A La Aurora 100 Anos
Bottle of Germain-Robin Old Havana alambic brandy -- (more on that later)

Classic Little Feat with Buffetesque overtones-- actually you can imagine youself down in the French quarter on a lively night.

Lots of old Feat tunes reworked and a new way of hearing them. (a pure sonic pleasure--IMHO)

Seems a lot of cool people wanted to be on this album-- Dave Mathews(excellent)----Bob Seger(How Cool)--Jimmy (Oh Yeah)----Sonny Landreth, Bela Fleck (Both too cool)---- Sam Bush(How bout that) --- Brooks and Dunn and Emylou Harris(Believe it)--Vince Gill(Believe it)--Chris Robinson and Craig fuller(awesome)

I love hearing all the songs reworked even is some are slower and more country then the versions I'm used to hearing. Also, some other songs get covered with that Feat kinda groove style--- See you Later Alligator, and This Land is your Land
Then imagine them covering The Weight from The Band-- oh yeah that works.

15 songs ending with them covering Jimmy's I will play for Gumbo.

As you can tell this was an awesome soundtrack to say goodbye to Summer. It will be in my car for days.

My personal favorite-- Jimmy helping to sing Time Loves a Hero

Great jams- 4 sure. Have seen most of those people. Was Jimmy good on TLaH?

Jimmy Buffett, I honestly think I'm one of the only young fans of his, love the music!

....dunno; Jimmy Buffett covering Lowell George and the Feat....?? Seems almost sacrilegious to me.... :whistling:

I'm a fan of both Little Feat and Jimmy Buffett, so I will have to pick it up

Finally gonna see Jimmy next month. I will have to check this album out too...

The 'Live in Anguila' (sp) cd is fantastic...and I still havn't seen him.

Might be worth checking out. :)

Last time I saw Little Feat they were opening for Gov't Mule. Warren Haynes came out and played a few songs with them, and took them to a whole different level.

My favorite Southern band with "Dixie Chicken" and "There's a Fat Man in the Bathtub" being two of their best!

Are either/both on the new CD?

Edit: Just saw where Fat Man is in and DC is out.

Dan

It'd be a hell of a show, even if it was to be opera. Well, maybe not, but I'd pay to see it anyway.

It'd be a hell of a show, even if it was to be opera. Well, maybe not, but I'd pay to see it anyway.
And, what's wrong with opera? Fuggin' and killin' set to music, what more could you ask for?

Doc.

Jimmy not covering -- This is little Feat with a few extra band members coming in to help out and add to the mix and Groove.

Time loves a Hero --Jimmy's voice sets up some of the verse (Better San juan than the Blue Collar Hell)
Not to mention slack guitar and steel drums

Dixie Chicken and Fat man are both on this album.

I have seen a Jimmy show each of the last 11 summers

Little Feat with Gov't Mule was an incredible pairing.