• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Litto Gomez Diez Anos

Cooke

I purchased a Litto Gomez Diez Anos Americano (5.75x46) and I just got around to smoking it. This cigar was amazing. It was one of the easiest lights of any cigar I've smoked to this point and the draw was perfect (I use a V-Cutter).

The first draw was iffy. It comes on very strong with an intense woodsy flavor. Deep-white smoke bellowed from my mouth for a good 5-10 seconds. That's when I decided that this wasn't a cigar designed for a heavy draw. While waiting for my next draw, I realized that the flavor was transforming on my palate. The heavy woodsy flavor mellowed to reveal an extremely pleasant, almost floral, taste. That's when I knew I was going to let this cigar burn my fingers.

The flavor was very consistent throughout the whole stick but required slow draws and a good break period to cool off. This cigar was very easy to over-heat and cause a bitter taste. That was only a problem once and I no-longer wanted to draw to quickly because I was enjoying tasting the flavors change in my mouth.

The last half an inch before it started to burn my fingers, the flavor changed drastically. It start to have an overwhelming spicy taste. I'm not a huge fan of spice so I let it burn after that. However, that did not ruin my experience. This is the only cigar I've smoked to date that I have not needed a piece of gum or mouthwash afterwards. It still taste amazing 15 min. afterwards.

My only complaint about this cigar is that the label is very long and the glue didn't melt easily. I eventually had to peel it off so it wouldn't start burning. Peeling off the label tore the wrapper but luckily, it stayed together.

This was a great cigar and I would strongly recommend it.

EDIT: typos

Blindfolded most couldn't tell the differece between these and an Opus. And I don't care what the "experts" say.

Doc.

There is a clean, sharp taste to the LG's that I really like. I remember having my first one right when they came out and being so impressed. I've liked them ever since.

Great review Gonna have to look into these.

Nice review. I love the Americano. I haven't bit the bullet and purchased a whole box, but they can be found for much cheaper than you found on cigar.com. In fact almost everything can be purchased cheaper elsewhere. Try serious cigars on the web. They are out of this size right now, but they are a buck fifty less per single. If you get the chance try the Oriental. It is a perfect quick smoke with a hearty cup of coffee or some birch beer.