• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Litto Gomez Diez

IgwanaRob

I'm just 2 people short of a threesome
A fine BOTL threw one of these in with an order I placed not too long ago, I believe it was the Litto Gomez Diez Cubano. It's been giving me the eye every time I passed it in my humi, and the smell of it was just salivating to say the least.

I decided to give it a try, and sitting next to it was one of my go-to smokes (Chateau Fuente sun grown). Being a good student, one of the lessons I learned from this site is to alway bring a second cigar with you when you try something new, so I picked them both up and headed outside.

Took a little off the top, and enjoyed the pleasantly fragrant smell one last time before lighting a fire under it's foot. It took a little to get an even burn going, and the initial taste was pretty rank. I took a few quick draws to ensure it was fully lit and let it sit for a short while hoping that the initial taste was just due to the lighting. Right off the bat it was starting to tunnel, so I torched it up a bit and continued on. To make a short story shorter - it didn't even make it past the 1 inch mark. Aside from having to be re-lit 2 times, the smoke was so harsh that it actually gave me a sore throat after only a few mouthfuls of smoke.

I've never had to toss a cigar this quickly, and this is not a cheap stick - in fact all I can find is fairly high praise for it - so it was kind of depressing. If it was even half as good as it smelled it would have been fine, but there wasn't even a hint of anything but more displeasure. I like all the other LFD's I've had, so I was expecting a great smoke out of this. Has anyone else had to deal with something like this from this line?

I'm now enjoying my CF/SG - a great cigar that has yet to let me down. Point is, the lesson of always having a backup was well learned today.

I have the Chisel Puro in my humi right now. I heard it's really a strong smoke, so I think I'll let it age a little. After your review, I'm in no rush to smoke it now anyway. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbs:

I've heard good things about them, but this one at least was gnarly in the taste department contrary to how it looked/smelled.

They sound like they need some age. or you just got a bad one.

I have smoked a few of these. They are a very strong smoke and need to be kept at 65% not 70%. These cigars are to moist and are hard to smoke at higher humidity storage. They are a good cigar. But they are a kick ass strong knock you down smoke.

Very dark and strong coffee espresso flavors come from this cigar.Tightly rolled but no to tight to ruin a good draw. The few I have had were not harsh at all. They do give you a cigar buzz, atleast theones I smoked did.

The one you lit-up was a fake!!! :laugh: IMHO those are great smokes...a little over-priced, but good. Never experienced what you described. Sorry you had a bad experience...could've just been a bad one. Try a second one to know for sure.

-Fetter

I've got 10 LGs in the humi right now. My favorite is the Lusitano. IMHO they are great smokes. I have never had a bad one. You sould try another one before giving up, but just like wine, everyone has their own taste preferences. Enjoy :thumbs:

One of my new top favs. of 2005.
I hope ATUCK will post his review of the 2 I sent to him.
They are a strong cigar, but the flavors I think are very unique.
Have had problems figuring out the flavors in them........but hey, that's not a bad thing.......I just keep trying............
Never had a draw issue, but they are tightly rolled.
This is a must try for you Opus die hard's.

well our store policy is if you get a bad cigar we replace it. now i dont want it back or anything but i will definately get a replacement in the mail soon.

figures i gotta send you the dud in the box :angry2:

dam dam dam :(

i reallllly like this cigar and would send out one to everyone if i could afford it.

man that really chaps my arse :( :(

Well, I smoked one of the ones that SP sent me and it was great. :thumbs: I am not a very good reviewer but I do know that I liked it quite a bit. It was a little tart in the beginning but quickly became very tasty. Kind of reminded me of the opus line in flavor profile. Not as strong as the Opus though but still quite strong. I definetly look forward to trying the other 2 that SP sent me, especially the one with the little twisty on it, the one from the event. I think that SP is bound and determined to make me a Litto fan. :laugh:

Yeah they are a strong cigar, and a bit harsh when they first start. So if you are not used to strong cigars this is a definite pass. Went golfing last week with a bunch of friends, one guy who smokes cigars on a regular basis forgot to bring some. Long story short I gave him one of my Lito's and he enjoyed it to a point and got sick right on the fairway. I had warned him, but to no avail. He said he would stick to milder smokes in the future.

LG is the strongest cigar I've ever smoked. I had to put it down just because of the buzz factor. I think what Robert said about humidity is probably dead on. They also have an oily wrapper like opus, and I've had to relit opus, i think, due to that problem. But I thought it was a great cigar, the 1/2 I could stomach anyways! :thumbs:

I've smoked four of these cigars in different sizes. While it was a good cigar, it did not blow me away with the strength or the flavor. I did not find it to be all that strong and got no "buzz" from it whatsoever. Maybe I wasn't smoking them right. :p

I found the Double Ligero Oscuro Natural Especiales MUCH stronger. Now that made me downright loopy.

hey rob fyi that vitola was the americano.
the cubano is more of a robusto size.

alan, let that d/l oscuro from the event rest for about 6 months :D
it needs it. ive got about 10 in my humi, gonna have one around christmas or new years :thumbs:

OutlawD - I look forward to giving this another try Thanks!

(I know you wouldn't try to kill me on purpose :p )

I'm no stranger to strong smokes, although I do have a tendency to smoke fast at times and have them sneak up on me (Power Ranger at 7 AM on a fishing boat in under an hour was no a smart thing to do :p). I loved the LFD's I've had so far (I actually don't think the Chiselito is as strong as some say it is!), so I'm sure this one had some issue that it just didn't feel like discussing rationally with me ;)

I smoked one last weekend and thought it was pretty good. I do agree that it seemed a little harsh at the beginning, but that was only the first little bit. I thought it was alright, but at roughly $10 (I think that is what I paid) I can think of quite a few other sticks I would choose first.

i love these too...in fact i find them very similar to opus x, with a little less spice and a little more kick. unfortunately the price on these are approaching opus levels...

servebig said:
i love these too...in fact i find them very similar to opus x, with a little less spice and a little more kick. unfortunately the price on these are approaching opus levels...
[snapback]219173[/snapback]​

When I bought it, the guy at the shop had suggested it and said it compared to the Opus X. I have never had an Opus, but from what I understand the Opus is a bigger step in quality than it is in price.