• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Live Chat from Outlaw Padron Event

OpusXKC

MOΛΩN ΛABE
Ok folks, I have been lucky enough to get a hold of OutlawD's computer and have decided to host some live chat from the Outlaw Padron Event. Feel free to join in at anytime. We should have some other CPers here (MrPeat, Gandolf, Orangeman, etc). I might not be in chat all the time (it is a party after all :laugh: ), but I will try.

Hope to see you in the chat room!

jorge3rb.jpg

Jorge Padron and CP, and match made in heaven!

spread1ho.jpg

Here is the spread! Everything (I mean everything) that Padron makes! Jorge even said he had never seen a store with so much stock. :cool: I love it.

I just came from the Outlaw Cigar event with Jorge Padron, and I must say that meeting, talking, and smoking with Jorge was definitely a highlight.

I just got back from the Outlaw myself. Me and Jon (JHawk) and my son went. It was an absolutely great F'n time! Jorge is awesome and the people and cigars, food, you name it......sweet!

Got to meet several fellow CP'ers too! Hell my son even got to snuggle up on the couch with the hot door greeter girl and the Hooters chicks...not bad! :love:

If ya went, ya know it was great! if ya didn't get to, Im sorry ya missed it!!

What a great event it was! Truely one of Outlaw's best. I sure had an awesome time smoking amazing cigars and chatting with amazing people. It was great to put a few faces with some of the names I see on CP all the time. Great meeting those I had a chance to see!

What a great event it was! Truely one of Outlaw's best. I sure had an awesome time smoking amazing cigars and chatting with amazing people. It was great to put a few faces with some of the names I see on CP all the time. Great meeting those I had a chance to see!

I second that!

Ok its over and I just got home. I will enjoy this SigloVI Smoky gave me and edit some pictures for you guys.

Looks like a great time - hopefully the good times will continue in VEGAS next weekend.

Just made it in after watching The Da Vinci Code. Was a great time at Outlaw and hanging with the man. :love:

I really need a cyring emoticon.

Glad you guys had fun. Hopefully next year everyone will be well enough for me to make it.

Well the party was a blast. Jorge is a great guy. I have to say that I as well as Smoky,outlawsp,OpusXkc, and others were very flattered at how Jorge took a very strong intrest in the fact we were trying as best we could to share this with an online community. I think Rod was chatting with Opusxkc and asked if Jorge was there to which he said yes hes READING THIS OVER MY SHOULDER.Jorge actually spent about a good 20 minutes looking at CP. He had no idea that people from all over the world came together to talk about cigars. He was quite impressed. So without anymore delays...........

Jorge as he was all day, happy

Jorgehappy.jpg

Me and Jorge

dirick_jorge.jpg

Jorge dealing with the mafia

mafia_jorge.jpg

Smokyballs and Jorge, with Kendall,(the owner) on the left

smoky_jorge.jpg

circa 9am 5-20-06

tony_loren_9am.jpg

Great photos! Thanks for sharing. I tried to hop on chat for a bit, but I think my connection was fooling with me.

Looks like a great time was had by all!

Had a great time, met some of the brothers and yet again the generosity astounds me. You guys made my weekend. Well worth the five hours it took for me to drive down.

I just got home from KC about an hour ago. The event at the Outlaw was absolutely amazing! Thanks to ALL of the guys who work there; you boys put together a hell of an event. In addition, you guys were a lot of fun to talk with as well as hang out with. Every one of the Outlaw guys (including several who aren't on CP) were laid back, very knowledgable and down right good guys. It was great to finally meet so many of you!

In regards to to the event - the food was great, the beer went down easy (maybe waaaaayy too easy), the company was terrific and the smokes... I don't even need to comment on that. I think you boys at the Outlaw probably have a permament impression of my credit card. I probably spent more damn time in the humi than smoking all the '26's and 64's that I bought. I felt like a 10 yr old kid in a candy store. It took me forever to make a decision on smokes, but Dirick talked me through it. ;) Even though there was such an incredible selection, Padrons were the only thing my eyes settled on.

As for Jorge, what a great guy. He was personable, outgoing and VERY approachable. I had several conversations with him and he was quite gracious with his time all day long. He was fun to hang out with to discuss not only cigars but a whole host of other things. He's a very down to earth guy and to my only dislike, I learned he is an FSU alumn (which my buddy who came with me from Tampa who is also an FSU alumn) had a great time trash talking me about my Syracuse boys who can't seem to ever beat those bastads in football. When I tried to change the subject to Basketball, they wanted nothing of it. :whistling:

I have to give a big thanks to my buddy for scheduling a 9am flight out of KC this morning, or the Outlaw would have seen even more of me today. I'm sure my wife is thanful as well as a third trip to the Outlaw in three days would have spelled trouble!

My 6 hour trip home was probably one of the more enjoyable trips that I've ever experienced. Although only on a couple of occasions have I ever smoked in my car, today was a HUGE exception. About two hours after leaving KC I fired up a PAM Principe, then an hour later a 2000 Maduro and when I finally made it to St. Louis, I enjoyed a '26 No. 35 Natural. The trip flew by with the help of Padrons!

Although I didn't intend on making such a long post, I just wanted to share my experience since I had such a great time meeting so many of you guys from the board along with the man, Jorge. You boys at the Outlaw definitely have something going for you. I can't imagine living closer; my wife probably wouldn't like it much, but I would have plenty to do on Saturdays when you guys have all of these events!

To all of you of guys who I met on Saturday and especially the boys at the Outlaw - thanks for such an enjoyable time! :thumbs:

From the sound of things Outlaw needs to open up shop way over here in Washington State!!! :whistling:

Sounds like a kick a$$ time!!!

David

Jesus Nick you wrote a damn novel, haha. All that aside it was really great to finally put some faces to some names on CP. I got to meet Nick which was a good thing, also met Allen(gandolf), Joe(prophetic_joe), and Jon(JHawk). The event rocked. Jorge was a great guy although he lost some of his splendor b/c of the whole FSU thing, but it was great and I hope we can repeat in the years/months to come!

I too had an incredibly great time. I really enjoyed myself all around. Most of the time talked with OpusXKC, Mr. Peat, Prophetic_Joe, and a couple other that the names slip my mind.

When we weren't talking we admired the scenery :love:

Jorge was a very nice guy, as has been said he was really enthralled by the idea of CigarPass.

Good people, good food, good cigars, good drink = GREAT TIME!

Orangeman: Nick, somehow I missed seeing you. Out of the whole ordeal that is my only regret. Maybe next time!