• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

lmao lmao Hunter kicks boar

Been there but I sure didn't go walking through the area I was hunting to shoo them away....lol.... that was halarious.

I'm sure the wind was blowing towards the camera. Hogs will whiff you before hearing or seeing. I would have prob just shot it..... those small hogs are tasty roasters. ;)

DSC_3231-javelina-close.jpg

2002skullaa_small_small.jpg

Pig1.jpg

A few years back, I managed a large Sonoran Desert estate outside of Tucson, Arizona. Javelinas ( Collared Peccary) were part of the local fauna; along with the rattlesnakes, gilga monsters, hawks and lizards. Javelinas, which typically travel in herds, are notorious for their bad eyesight, feriouscity and tendency to gang up and rush their enemy when threatened. They were a tolerated nuisance that would snack on the landscape and gardens at night, especially during the periods of low local vegetation.

The owner had a beautiful pair of Rhodesian Ridgebacks, a fantastic large breed of dog , which historically were bred to assist in hunting lions in South Africa. Gentle giants, but very protective.

One early evening, the Rhodesian Ridgebacks encountered a roaming herd of javelinas, close to the living quarters of the estate . The male never went looking for trouble, but the female Rhodesian had the tendency to poke her nose into situations that were best left alone. Once the female found herself in a predictament, the male would protect his mate to the bitter end. Many a rattlesnake bites he endured! This night, he took on the pack of javelinas.

The male put on a hell of a fight and ran the herd off, but was badly impaled by a javelina's tusk in the abdomen and hind quarters. Into the Toyota ranch truck he went, bleeding profusely for the 30 minute looong drive into the 24 hour emergency vet office in Tucson.

The Rohdesian survived the attack; he was one tough dog. :thumbs: The vet bill was astronomical.

The Toyota on the other hand was a scene out of a horror movie: blood was everywhere, soaked into the seats, on the windows, throughout the interior; a gruesome scene.

The Toyota went into a local detail shop to be thoroughly cleaned. The shop called a few days later to tell us the truck was ready and asked if we could pick it up first thing the following morning. No problem! When we went to pick up the truck the next day, a police officer from the TPD was waiting for us at the shop to discuss the state of the truck on its arrival. ??? After explaining the situation AND showing him the vet bill, all was deemed okay . :laugh:

The day following the attack, I found the female Rhodesian Ridgeback happily gnawing on a large object on the grounds. Imagine my surprise to find her enjoying a trophy from the previous night's battle, the severed head of a young javelina!

Holy Javalinas MMM! thanks for the story. I bet the guys at the detail shop
had all sorts of scenarios playing in their heads that night.

:cool:

LMAO! That was hilarious! Although I wouldn't want to get caught 1 on 1 with one of those creatures ???

Thanks for the story MMM

MilesMingusMonk said:
the female Rhodesian had the tendency to poke her nose into situations that were best left alone. Once the female found herself in a predictament, the male would protect his mate to the bitter end.
[snapback]205118[/snapback]​

amazing how the "bitches" always get us into trouble isnt it? haha

K&P

Back