• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Long-Range Promotion Contest

Treamayne

On the run...
Rather than the standard XX post contest, I thought I'd do one in honor of my pending promotion. First the End State, then the details.

End State - Winner will be the person who guesses closest to the exact date and time (Local*) that my command officially pins on my new stripes. A hearty package of stogies to the lucky lady or gentleman.

*No need to label times, all guesses will be considered local time wherever I happen to be when the event happens, in case I deploy.

Details and info:

For those that don't know, the Air Force gives selectees a "line number" for promotion, once selected, and promotion commences on a monthly basis in order of Total Time in Current Rank. Therefore all NCO promotions are effective on teh first day of the promotion month. However, a Promotion Ceremony is often held on, before or after the promotion day based on weekends, holidays etc. (Usually within 5 days either way).

To date (Aug to Nov) the Air Force has promoted 2826 of 9115 total selectees. My line number is 7878. You'll be guessing which month my promotion will happen, and when, in relation to the promotion day, my Commander will actually perform the official promotion ceremony.

1 Guess per person and they may be edited until the promotion count is above 6000. This could concievably be a few months away, but since I know I'll be heavily deployed for the next couple months I wanted to start it now and give everyone time to look at this and do you "calculations." Each month I'll update that month's promotion numbers and cut off guess editing at 6000+.

Good luck.

-K-

PS: November's monthly numbers were 2094-2826

Jeez the Air Force is still big. I remember my number for E6 in the Corps was 1614 out of only 1722. (I was promoted from the "under zone" i.e. ahead of normal and they are always at the end.)

Best of luck and once I do some figuring I'll get back to ya.

Let's start with June 9th and adjust from there.

Congrats on the promotion.

Thanks for the contest.

June 3rd, 2005 @ 1130 hours

To date (Aug to Nov) the Air Force has promoted 2826 of 9115 total selectees. My line number is 7878. You'll be guessing which month my promotion will happen, and when, in relation to the promotion day, my Commander will actually perform the official promotion ceremony.

Here is the December Update!!

Promoting Line Numbers 2827 - 3538!

Almost half way to me........

Great idea for a contest....oh BTW....

Congrats on your promotion.

Have to figure out what part of the month the Air force likes to promote people.

Big100HD said:
Have to figure out what part of the month the Air force likes to promote people.
Thanks for the Congrats.... in answer to the question:

For those that don't know, the Air Force gives selectees a "line number" for promotion, once selected, and promotion commences on a monthly basis in order of Total Time in Current Rank. Therefore all NCO promotions are effective on the first day of the promotion month. However, a Promotion Ceremony is often held on, before or after the promotion day based on weekends, holidays etc. (Usually within 5 days either way).

Don't forget the contest is about the Ceremony, not the day of promotion, since it will always be the first day of the month. (for example my SSgt Promotion was 1 Apr 01 - Yes April Fools! - but the Sew on ceremony was Mar 30 2001 at 1500)

Treamayne said:
Here is the December Update!!

Promoting Line Numbers 2827 - 3538!

Almost half way to me........
[snapback]143934[/snapback]​

Now for January's Update:

3538 - 4313

More than half way there .....

Congrats on the promotion from another AF Alum. Now tell me what grade are you being promoted to? Did I miss that on your post?

Hmmm... I'm gonna guess:

June 3rd at 9am

Congrats on the promotion! I remember the pride I always felt after a new promotion. I know that whenever it is, it will be a good day for you. Hoo-yah!

Now tell me what grade are you being promoted to?

TSgt

March 3rd, 2005 @ 1130 hours

Might want to edit this....

Next Update - Feb Stats.

TSgt - 4314-5096 promoted on 1 Feb 2005.
Inching closer - but not as fast as I'd hoped.

-K-

You are right that list barely moved. Here is my guess based on the last set of numbers. 1 July 2005. Sorry, but it will be worth the wait.

Aim High and you have a great Air Force Day!

Anthony

Ceremony Thursday June 30, 1000 hours

edited for time and date of the ceremony

Based on the fact that they are promoting ~750-800 a month you should be on the June 1, 2005 list. Ceremony on May 31, 2005 at 1400 local.

And a big heartfelt thank you to you and all the other servicemen on this board. What you do allows all of us non-servicemen and women to sleep better at night. :thumbs:

March's numbers are out:

5097-5864

April's numbers will exceed 6000. I will post April's numbers upon release sometime the last week of March for any last minute updates.

-K-

Low and behold, April's numbers are released already.

Apr 05: 5865-6639

April 30th will be considered the last day to make or change a guess. Unless a miracle happens, it seems Jun 1 will be my actual promotion day (unless they jump to 1250 in May for some reason.)

I guess I started this too early,(I was afraid of how much I would be deployed and didn't want to miss my chance to run the cointest) but it is getting down to the wire, now. Throughout April I will bump it repeatedly so everyone gets a shot at guessing.

V/R

-K-

Thanks for the contest and congrats on the promotion.

May 31, 2005. 1500 hours.

june 5- 0900 hrs. congrats on the promotion! *salute