• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Look what a guy at work just got....

DePasta

Stop it! That tickles!
A coworker received these from someone who does business with us. His mechanic is from Cuba and brought these back to him and he gave them to us. I have always wanted some 40th Aniversarios....he gave me 3 cigars! Can't wait to smoke them!

Sorry for the blurry cell phone pics.

Beautiful box
IMG00246.jpg

Box code!
IMG00247.jpg

Very Nice!
IMG00248.jpg

Yummy!
IMG00249.jpg

They look delicious!
IMG00250.jpg

Perfect bands
IMG00251.jpg

Yeah, those look dead on. :sign: :sign: :sign:

Cohiba 40th's are pigtailed 7.5 x 52 double robustos that have additional, individually numbered bands below the Cohiba band and, perhaps most importantly, only came in one of 100 numbered humidors containing 40 cigars each.

Oh yeah, they are astronomically expensive ($20,000 or more?), never released for general sale, and are basically unobtainable.

DePasta, are you going to burst your co-workers bubble? And tell us how they taste when you smoke one.

- Tim

Yikes. And he'll probably still expect you to meet him in the men's room.

:sign:

Yeah, those look dead on. :sign: :sign: :sign:

Cohiba 40th's are pigtailed 7.5 x 52 double robustos that have additional, individually numbered bands below the Cohiba band and, perhaps most importantly, only came in one of 100 numbered humidors containing 40 cigars each.

Oh yeah, they are astronomically expensive ($20,000 or more?), never released for general sale, and are basically unobtainable.

DePasta, are you going to burst your co-workers bubble? And tell us how they taste when you smoke one.

- Tim

They are actually Behikes....

Unobtainable? Then how did this guy get them?

Oh and he would never believe me, that they are real!

Just realized that everyone already knows these are fake...disregard, carry on

Not an expert by any measure. Although I do like to do research when the question of authenticity is raised.

Here is a link to the Cuban Cigar Website. Scroll about halfway down the page where they have pics and talk about the Cohiba 40 Aniversario.

Here is another Link

I will leave it up for discussion for members with more knowledge on the topic.

My 2 cents, and hold this with a grain of salt. These are defnitely suspect. My belief in that is purely on what I see on the website of what a Cohiba 40 Aniversario Behike should look like in the cigar and also the box.

I looked in the MRN and it was published before these came out. Too bad.

Thoughts?

Ok, I won't let this go on, these are about as fake as Pamela Anderson's TatTas.....

Why you ask?
1: No cigar was ever produced for the 40th Anni, except the Behike humidor...
2:Box code is not real, not even close.
3:Can't see from the pics, but the cuban seal is way off, printed on plain white paper not normal quality.
4: The hologram is usually an indicator unless you are absolutely sure they were purchased directly from a shop in cuba.
5: the round stamp on the bottom. I have only seen this on fakes.
6: The inner paper. While it looks cool, no cuban cigars I have seen have such an elaborate design.
7: The embossing of the label on top is off...The head is not on the raised portion etc.
8: The smell like mint, not the normal barnyard smell.
9: No triple caps.
10: Band only has 2 lines of squares above the "cohiba" logo
11: The font does not match a genuine cohiba

Ahh, glad you came to the right conclusion grasshoppa...
----------------
Listening to: Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds - Crash Into Me (Live 1999)
via FoxyTunes