• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking For a Cheap Smoke.

gunsandcigars88

Ok, well the budget is not like it used to be. Like many my budget has dropped tremendously and I cannot afford to smoke like I used to. I am looking for a decent smoke that is on the cheap. And I don't mean $4 a stick. I mean CHEAP. Preferably $2 at the highest. The lower the better. I am not looking for some diamond in the rough $1.50, but tastes just like an Opus. I know that I am not going to get the type of cigar that I am used to smoking in this price range. I will still be able to have occasional premium smokes, but not like I used to. Gotta get something cheaper. Don't want to just smoke every few weeks. Anyway, what are some sticks that you can recommend to me that are affordable for me currently. This won't last forever its just one of them phases thats part of life. Hard times happen and thats just life, but when in this part of life what do you smoke? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
B

Partagas Habaneros from Cuba, if you can get your hands on them without tremendous difficulty. Very, very good for the money.

Check out Cbid - La Herencia Cubana robustos and Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #4s can be had for $1.50 to $2 a stick. These are actually very tasty cigars, made even tastier by the fact they're so reasonably priced. :D

Shameless shill alert!!

Famous Nicaraguan 3000 Series - A tad over $2 a stick but worth far more.

Research the reviews. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Davidoff 4x4 bundles can be found for abut $2.15 / stick in bundles of 16.

I've become a big fan of the Gran Habano Corojo #5. The big online retailer's regular price is about $3 a stick - but if you can catch them on special, they'll be much closer to that $2/stick mark you're seeking. Also, with a new blend coming out - Arganese cigars have been super cheap lately. I've recently acquired both the coronas and figurados - and think both are very good.

Well, some will throw out the Consuegra's sooner or later. They are a nice stick with a bit of time. You will be surprised what pops up on Joe's Cigar and Cigar Monster from time to time also. Both have free shipping.

I would actually check out some house brands. I've had good success with Cigar.com's house brands. They all come in at about $2/stick, with a bunch of different varieties. They are made from premium cigar rollers, using the "cutoffs" from some decent cigars (e.g. the part of the cigar that gets cut off after rolling, so that the final cigar conforms to the size they want to roll). So you're getting some premium tobacco.

My particular favorites are the Brazilian label, and the Cuban label. Obviously not as good as a top-end $10+ stick, but pretty damned fantastic for the money.

Rocky seconds?

Rocky Patel Segundos definitely crossed my mind as a suggestion... but they are more like $3.50 to $4.00 per stick, instead of the ~$2.00 neighborhood. But I agree... if you're looking for a cheap smoke in that $3.50 - $4.00 price range, then Rocky Patel Segundos definitely earn a spot near the top of the list

Cigar.com house brand blue label, made by Henke. (Tabadom)

Consuegra is really a very good cigar for such a low price.

Look at some of Villazons products, Hoyo, ERDM, Punch. If you catch a sale, they are really decent for the money. Consistent too.

GR Specials from Atlantic. Good flavor, and inexpensive.

Some budget sticks that aren't bad:

CI Legends red (perdomo) or yellow (pepin)
La vieja habana maduros

I haven't tried these, but people highly recommend little havana overruns made by pepin.

Jose L. Piedra $2 a stick.

x2 on that one. These WAY exceeded my expectations and have become one of my favorites. I find myself saving the few I have left for a day when I need something reliably good.

Jose L. Piedra $2 a stick.

x2 on that one. These WAY exceeded my expectations and have become one of my favorites. I find myself saving the few I have left for a day when I need something reliably good.

I never could really get used to the excessive short filler annoyances on that particular stick. Always got a mouth full of leaf, and the stick turns bitter too soon as well. Much better cigars to be had for a mere $20 dollars more a box.

Thanks for the suggestions fellas, I will be giving some of them a try. Will be sticking to NC, cannot afford a seizure or letter right now. Though I do like the JLP's.
B

I'll throw out the Sancho Panza Double Maduro's, always a great smoke.

You might want to try Padron Londres Maduro or Natural.

Also I will throw this one out there and I know it sounds crazy, Gurhka Micro-Batch Liga TPB-1 (boxed-pressed Lonsdale). It is a surprisingly, and believe me I was surprised, good smoke. If you don't believe me Bsneed51 was twitter-patted about the one he smoked. They can be had for around $2.50 per at the devil's site.

Don't forgot to check with some of the vendors here at CP too. You would be surprised at how competitive their prices can be.