• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for a cigar and need help.

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Reaction score
A few years back I was out shopping in the city of Nürnberg and decided to stop in a cigar shop there.

One cigar stood out from all the rest of the fine selection in the Humidor (sadly this store is no longer there, the owner passed on :( ) It was a hand rolled Mexican cigar that had two different wrapper leaves used in the making. One was a dark wrapper and the other a light wrapper thus making it look like a candycane or barbershop pole in appearance. It was a bit over a Corona in size and one of the best cigars I have ever smoked. Sadly it didn't have a wrapper and I have since then forgotten the name. I'd REALLY like to find these again. They are excellent smokes.

So if any of you know a Mexican brand that makes these please let me know.

Thanks

Shawn

Well the classis barber pole cigar is the Fuente Hemingway Betweeen The Lines or BTL. (rare, only comes out at Xmas).

However other companies have come out with barberpole shapes. The only one that comes to mind is the Sherpa, readily available on Cbid and CI, I believe.

I also believe there is at least one other one, but I am not sure.

DO a search for "dos capas."

Gurkha, I believe, also has a dos capos. However, I do not think any of these are Mexican in origin. Was it a Mexican company, or Mexican tobacco used by a different country's company?

-K-

Hi, Wurm! The Exquisitos Belicoso Long, manufactured by Crown David International, looks like a barber pole or candy cane. This is a highly rated cigar, 4.6 (Superior) by Smoke Magazine. Regards, knightlaird

WURM,

Here is link to a picture of the aforemention Gurka. A very good smoke, IMO. Don't know if it compares to the one you are seeking. :rolleyes:

TTFN
Tim

You guys rock...

It was a Mexican cigar that much I am sure of, but I will be sure to try the ones you all recommended.

I believe the Mexican cigar brand you are referring to is, Santa Clara . This Mexican "puro" is very popular in Mexico and also in Europe, but Santa Clara is not imported into the U.S.

Cheers,
Gael

Treamayne said:
Gurkha, I believe, also has a dos capos.  However, I do not think any of these are Mexican in origin.  Was it a Mexican company, or Mexican tobacco used by a different country's company?

-K-
[snapback]237295[/snapback]​

Yes Gurkha makes a barberpole. I have one resting in the humi now. They are Grand Master Dos Capas. Don't think they are Mexican either but AVB would know for sure.

Edit: Sorry didn't read all of the thread. Didn't know case was solved.

Gael said:
I believe the Mexican cigar brand you are referring to is, Santa Clara . This Mexican "puro" is very popular in Mexico and also in Europe, but Santa Clara is not imported into the U.S.

Cheers,
Gael
[snapback]237492[/snapback]​
I have this strange impression that Gael knows a lot about cigars and tobacco. :whistling:

emodx said:
Gael said:

Cheers,
Gael
[snapback]237492[/snapback]​
I have this strange impression that Gael knows a lot about cigars and tobacco. :whistling:
[snapback]237843[/snapback]​

Hence the reason probably 1/4 of my stash is comprised of LaLunas :love: