• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for a "house dog" for the cigar shop.

I dunno, the smell of a dog in a cigar shop would be a turn off for me.

Get a big ole Maine Coon Cat. They're friendly as hell, great with people and they don't stink. :thumbs:

Actually I had a Maine Coon that used to follow me to school when I was a kid. Also, that cat would roll over when you'd whistle... pretty cool cat.

Besides, wouldn't you worry that your dog would get lung cancer from all the secondhand smoke?

Didn't realize that cats couldn't get lung cancer. . . I think it would take longer than the average life span of the dog (or cat)for cancer to develop.

I would go with the boston terrier. I have always loved these dogs. They are great with people, very clean, and short haired with very little shedding. Just a GREAT overall choice.
B

Go with a cat. We've got one at the shop that is sixteen years old and lives there. She's a lap cat and gets along with all the customers. Also being in a building that is over a hundred years old you do get the occasional mouse when the weather turns cold and she takes care of them.

Very little mess and she even like helping to clean the place. If a coffee bean drops on the floor she's right on it. Ever seen a cat eat a coffee bean? LOL!

Here's Sweetie!

Will this work?

ashtrayiu.jpg

Hey, fat girls got to fun too, ya know.

Doc.

Bill's idea of a Maine Coon is actually a great idea. They are huge and very dog-like in behavior. They also don't meow like most cats do. My roomate has one and it's a very cool cat.

If not a cat, then the next natural pick for a dog in a cigar shop would be the "Havanese", right? They also don't shed. Not a big dog, but could be lazy.

I dunno, the smell of a dog in a cigar shop would be a turn off for me.

Get a big ole Maine Coon Cat. They're friendly as hell, great with people and they don't stink. :thumbs:

Actually I had a Maine Coon that used to follow me to school when I was a kid. Also, that cat would roll over when you'd whistle... pretty cool cat.

Besides, wouldn't you worry that your dog would get lung cancer from all the secondhand smoke?

Didn't realize that cats couldn't get lung cancer. . . I think it would take longer than the average life span of the dog (or cat)for cancer to develop.

Heck... I don't know about the cancer thing, but don't cats have 9 lives? So the cat should last longer, right?

If it has to be small, then it might as well be a cat. :p :rolleyes:

I'd have to go with the Labrador Retriever idea, then again...I'm biased. I've had labs all my life and nothing says "Homely" or "Come on in" like a big labrador that wants to be around people.
-brian

im not familiar with the "lazy" breeds of the canine. ideally, id like to pick a rescue dog, so he/she may end up being a mutt. but what breeds do you think would do well? maybe if i get one, ill let cp name him.

t.i.a.

I love Bassetts They are Lazy and funny. They have great expressions. But they can hunt too.

Edited to add: We just rescued our second Bassett mix after Rupert was killed. This one's mom was full Bassett. His pop was Beagle Jack Russell mix. Our new pup Murphey is great. He will get all the attention he needs. Someday we are planning on getting a full blooded Bassett.

These would be perfect to guard the Acids. Chain them up to the Kuba Kuba display :D

Great idea Marc - I gotta come out there soon either way. I like the Lab, bulldog, and Jack Russel ideas but why not go with the lazy cool thing and get a Bloodhound like Duke in The Beverly Hillbillies.
family-707003.jpg

PS - AVB you're HOT as redhead! and is that a Cherry Tat on your left Man Boob? :laugh: :whistling:

ok, answers to a few questions...

1) yes, the dog would be taken home each night.
2) we have wood floors so i would prefer a dog that doesnt shed alot.
3) i dont want a dog the size of a couch, so the bull mastif is out. something in the 20-50 lb range.

thats for the input thus far...

Sounds like the Chinese Crested Hairless is right up your alley then.

iw4c0045croppedcopyweb.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

The laziest dog I've ever seen is a basset hound, but they do tend to shed a fair amount. This has been the only drawback for me in buying one of my own. That and my wife wants a dog to run with. She's got short legs, but I don't think a basset could keep up just the same!