• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for a recommendation

b.dawgson

Official BeeDog inductee!
Maybe you guys can help me out a little bit.

Throughout the past year, I've smoked many a cigar that have impressed me! I've found several cigars that I will eventually have a rotation of but there is a certain set of qualities I'd like to try in one cigar and haven't found yet. Not even knowing if that cigar exists I thought I could ask the wonderful assortment of people here.

I'm looking for a very full bodied full flavored cigar with that rich, heavy, thick, chewy mouthfeel. I'd also at the same time like it to not have any (or very little) peppery/spicy notes but maybe rather a sweetness of sorts.

Any help you guys could give would be appreciated.

Padron 1926 Serie. Meets all of your qualifications.

...that or maybe a Swisher Sweets! :laugh:

Gimme a break Jonesy!! Swishers!! Do they come in a maduro?? :laugh:

While the 1926 was very nice, it wasn't quite full/chewy enough. The flavor was great though!

Gimme a break Jonesy!! Swishers!! Do they come in a maduro?? :laugh:

While the 1926 was very nice, it wasn't quite full/chewy enough. The flavor was great though!

If you want maduro, I think you'd have to go with a chocolate Phillies Blunt!

Try the Ashton Heritage Puro Sol. Its made from all sungrown tobacco and uses a Cameroon wrapper which gives a nice sweetness. Good luck!

You might try the upper tier lines from Litto. The Small Batch I and II or even the Diez line fit your qualifications in my mind. If you can get your hands on a Factory Press II I think that would be the ticket. Those aren't going to be your long term solution to a regular in your rotation as they aren't that plentiful but the Diez line is. What 1926 did you try? Give the #6 a shot if you haven't as the smaller RG might let that wrapper shine through. Good luck to you.

Try the Ashton Heritage Puro Sol. Its made from all sungrown tobacco and uses a Cameroon wrapper which gives a nice sweetness. Good luck!

Oh! Forgot to mention the Fuente Anejos. I think those would work nicely as well.

I know the Limitado III gave me that chewy feeling when I smoked it.

Last couple shipments of the puro sol haven't been good. My local shop stopped carrying them. Poor wrapper, horrible metallic taste and burn issues just to name a few. These used to be one of my favorite sticks. It is a shame what fuente is sending Ashton.

VSG Illusion
LFD Limitado III
Padron 1926 no. 6
Bolivar Lancero (CC)
2008 Outlaw LFD

Last couple shipments of the puro sol haven't been good. My local shop stopped carrying them. Poor wrapper, horrible metallic taste and burn issues just to name a few. These used to be one of my favorite sticks. It is a shame what fuente is sending Ashton.

Thanks for the heads up on that. I was just about to order some.

....can't believe no one mentioned the Pepin My Father "Le Bijou" smokes. One of my new favorites.....
thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for the recommendations so far. Anejo's have come pretty close to fitting what I'm looking for, but still not quite full enough in body.

The 1926 I had was a #9 so maybe the 35 or 6 would fit the bill better.

I haven't had any of the 601's or the Le Bijou. The regular My Father Lancero was pretty stellar.

I'd have to say the "chewy" I'm talking about is where the smoke is so thick it almost hangs on the palate like you could chew it.

Keep em coming!