• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

looking for an interesting newbie

gtphale

newbie at heart
Post here why you think you should be bombed and if interested i'll bomb away. Sorry I'm not like sleepyjim and bomb for free. I want to be entertained,after all i'm still a newbie and don't have a never ending supply yet. :cool: :whistling:

Well... here's a little sob story for you...

I have 25 Thompson Dog Rockets in my humi.
These things really suck! Every one I've tried has nearly exploded! They just crack and burst when lit! Not a big deal tho, cause the flavor seems to match the construction!

I sure would love to displace these with some quality sticks!

(OK, not very entertaining but I really didn't think you were up for Karaoke)

Jim

Why you Should bomb me?: A look into my tupperdor by Drew.

Why should i be bombed? Well in all honesty all i have in my humidor is a bunch of naked cigars. I have never really smoked something of great magnitude. However as of right now i seem to be in this lovely PERDOMO phase. I mean i like to sample just about anything but i still havent really i had great outlook. I would like to try some REAL cohibas and or a fuente of some great proportion but for the most part i am up for just about anything.

In the 19 years of my life i have smapled everything from a swisher sweet wooden tip to a Perdomo Estate Selection Regente. I would like to broaden my horizons if you will into the finer art of a "true" cigar.

That is why you should bomb me and my pathetic tupperdor............

Thank You for reading that pile of crap.

Drew

I don't know. How about since I was born in Arlington Heights, back when the mall there used to have an ice arena in it. Then one day about ten years ago my brother and I were back visiting, and went to that mall and asked the information lady where the ice rink was, and she looked at us like we had three heads, each! So instead we went to the food court and had some Sbarro's, then went to find that cemetary where (according to my Mom) I threw some other neighborhood kid's hat over the fence, and we had to go get one of the bigger kids to get it. As hard as I've tried, I cannot remember that. I guess I was only 4 at the time. Funny though, when I was four I remember seeing Star Wars at the drive in theater. Wow, talk about a tangent, if I had been bombed, I would be able to concentrate better. Say, you ever been rock climbing? I helped build a gym real close to you in Warrenville, at the Lifetime Fitness. Those places are top notch. A buddy of mine that got me started drinking Red and Black label runs that place now, super fun, you should try it. If I don't get some help soon, I'm going to have to go buy these "Pinar P3000 XXX Pre-embargo Cubans" that the local cigar shop is selling. That's the same place that has those crappy Cohibas from the Dom. Rep. with the non-red dot labels. There's really not many options down here in Mankato. I've got to drive over an hour-and-a-half to get to a decent cigar store up in Minneapolis. Which is really hard with a 20 month old, who insists on being put down while we're in the humidor. Can you imagine the havoc a 20-month-old could create in a decent cigar store humidor?

It's just really not that easy.

Hey, if you didn't enjoy my story, that's cool. I'm just really jazzed to be learning about decent cigars and eventually hooking up with some folks to trade and enjoy passes with. Take it easy!

I vote to give the bomb to fellow Minnesnowtan newbie Gonz...........and perhaps include some Ritalin :D . We gotta get the boy more focused!

Tenpin said:
Well... here's a little sob story for you...

I have 25 Thompson Dog Rockets in my humi.

Jim
[snapback]174130[/snapback]​

This guys profile says he's been smoking cigars since 11/03 and all he has is "25 Thompson Dog Rockets". I'm a newbie and I'd rather see you help Jim than bomb me! I'm beggin you. help a brother out ???

Yeah, I was going to post, but I can honestly say that Tenpin has to be hurting - being the fact that he has 25 Thompsons in his humi. It's imperative that he rid himself of the Thompsons or else he will continue to have this look..............

confused.jpg

I should be bombed because my face has now appeared in this thread... :sign:

;)

Eshaw...

I agree dude. Like I've mentioned in the other thread this pic is going to be alive at CP for quite sometime.

It's simple, this pic says it all and saves a hell of alot of time vs. actually typing a response.

No doubt that I'll have to bomb you for the efficiency you have created within some my recent thread action.

maybe i'll have to send some of my wife's flavored cao's to Jim,don't want to send him anything that might kill him. :whistling: :cool:

This guys profile says he's been smoking cigars since 11/03 and all he has is "25 Thompson Dog Rockets". I'm a newbie and I'd rather see you help Jim than bomb me! I'm beggin you. help a brother out

I appreciate all the support, but I got to come clean. I actually had a typo in my profile... only been smokin since Nov 2004. On the other hand, the actual count of the Thompson DR's is 33!!!

This is a great little contest. Very creative.

I guess I will throw my offering in.

I too have a bundle of Thompson Toro Toro Dog Rockets in my humidor. They scare me too much to smoke. I am afraid I will get some kind of strange disease from them. These things smell like cow crap too, has anyone ever noticed that?

My wife has also limited my "cigar budget" to 30 bucks a week. This severely limits my purchasing power. I am hoping this doesn't last long. The best cigar in my Humidor right now is a Oliva Series X. I am still pretty new to this whole thing though so hopefully in time the selection will get better.

So that is my cigar story. I hope you enjoyed the read.

The title of this thread makes me think you want to do something else besides give away cigars. :0 :0 :0

Hehe, I was going to "apply" for this, but there are some interesting stories here, and I know I can't compete.

I think the only thing I got going for me is that I'm the NEWEST newbie here. :D

But, if I must, then here goes...
I've only really been smoking cigars for about a month now. I have maybe 7-8 cigars in my small desktop humi (and its nearly full, it ain't real big). I really don't understand how some people can collect so many cigars, unless you boys are just rolling in the money! I'll go out and maybe spend $100 on some nice smokes, but then I smoke them. I don't have stuff "aging" away, waiting for some cloudy day when *I* may be hosting a thread like this. Maybe it just happens over time, I dunno. I'm not a wealthy guy by any means. Heck, if it weren't for a fat tax refund this year, I probably wouldn't have even bought my first humidor. I mean, let's face it, this isnt' a cheap addiction.

But here I am. Building my first coolerdor, jumping in some newbie trades, and basically just trying all the different kinds of cigars I can get my grubby little hands on. The local tobacconists recognize me by now. I got the humidity on my desktop humi stabilized, its no longer blowing up cigars (lost about 6 VSGs because it was too humid).

Well, I guess that's about it!

Pyre

gtphale said:
Post here why you think you should be bombed and if interested i'll bomb away. Sorry I'm not like sleepyjim and bomb for free. I want to be entertained,after all i'm still a newbie and don't have a never ending supply yet. :cool: :whistling:
[snapback]174128[/snapback]​

If you wouldn't mind, could you PM with your 1st place choice? I've never sent a bomb yet and I'd like to try may hand at it and take aim at a couple of the runners up.

AVB said:
The title of this thread makes me think you want to do something else besides give away cigars. :0 :0 :0
[snapback]174190[/snapback]​

Sounds like a NAMBLA proposition huh :love:

:sign: :sign:

M. Gipson

so, like, I'm a newbie - it's in my avatar...

I think I should be bombed because you like me Steve - at least I THINK you like me - you DO like me, Steve, don't you - DON'T YOU!!!

Besides, you and Alex have cleaned out my coolidor with your poker prowess... Now I'm stuck smoking the left overs - a Thompson's here, a pre-embargo JR special there... I'm getting desperate - soon I'll be smoking my wife's Acid Blondies - OH THE HUMANITY!!!! :laugh: