• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for Suggestions

Solastor

Hi, my friends and I are new to pipe smoking and we're looking for a good, fairly sweet blend. We've only tried Captain Black and weren't that impressed. What would you all recommend as far as sweet tobacco goes?

I would reccomend posting an introduction first! So we can have an idea on who you are lol.

And as for the pipe tobacco, I can reccomend getting away from aromatic blends (meaning anything with more then just tobacco). I would look for more natural blends. Like Frog Morton (which may have a topping on it but I cant notice it) I thought it was pretty sweet when I first got into pipes. Maybe try a straight Virginia tobacco like Mcclellands #27 or #22. If you continue with pipe smoking look for these blends aswell

Escudo
Best Brown Flake
Christmas Cheer
St. James Woods
st. James Flake

Or you could just smoke cigars? lol jk, but really try one of those too! lol

I would reccomend posting an introduction first! So we can have an idea on who you are lol.

And as for the pipe tobacco, I can reccomend getting away from aromatic blends (meaning anything with more then just tobacco). I would look for more natural blends. Like Frog Morton (which may have a topping on it but I cant notice it) I thought it was pretty sweet when I first got into pipes. Maybe try a straight Virginia tobacco like Mcclellands #27 or #22. If you continue with pipe smoking look for these blends aswell

Escudo
Best Brown Flake
Christmas Cheer
St. James Woods
st. James Flake

Or you could just smoke cigars? lol jk, but really try one those too! lol
What? No Oriental blends? :)

Those are some of my favorite VAs and VaPers (virginia and virginia/perique).

I also enjoy Orientals in the mix like in McClellend's Grand Orientals. Yenice Agonya and Yenidje Supreme and two I still enjoy very much.

Escudo
Best Brown Flake
Christmas Cheer
St. James Woods
st. James Flake

Or you could just smoke cigars? lol jk, but really try one those too! lol
What? No Oriental blends? :)

Those are some of my favorite VAs and VaPers (virginia and virginia/perique).

I also enjoy Orientals in the mix like in McClellend's Grand Orientals. Yenice Agonya and Yenidje Supreme and two I still enjoy very much.

Im not a huge fan od orientals. Idk why, but they just dont do it for me. Yenidje Supreme was my first grand.... and my last. lol

I'm not a huge aromatic smoker, but an old favorite of mine would be Middleton's Sugar Barrel - I think 4 Noggins will sell you a 2oz sample for a few bucks. Smoke it in a cob and its hard to shake the image of Kettle Corn at a County Fair. As VaPers have already suggested, I will suggest you give Orlick Golden Sliced a try - its a Va with a little burley, but overall a very sweet and solid smoke. Its one of my top go-to smokes.

Gawith Chocolate, Boswell Christmas Cookie and, at your local tobacconist, Carter Hall(flavorful burley).

Hi, my friends and I are new to pipe smoking and we're looking for a good, fairly sweet blend. We've only tried Captain Black and weren't that impressed. What would you all recommend as far as sweet tobacco goes?
What kind of strength level were you looking for?