• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking to buy a humidor...

puentesher

Hello guys, my name is Bryan and i have been smoking cigars for a few years now just for fun. I keep a few boxes at a friend's humidor but now i have decided to expand my collection and invest in a humidor. I am thinking about getting a humidor to keep aproximately 150 cigars( mostly big cigars, i love the Punch Double Coronas & Bolivar Coronas Gigantes). Any suggestions on which humidor to get and also which humidification system would be more efficient for 100 to 150 cigars? Thanks for the help.

bfreebern said:
Hi Bryan, why ya here?
Hi there, just here to hopefully increase my knowledge about the cigar world with you guys.
jsm11 said:
Welcome,

I run a coolidor if your not going for fancy....

If you want something to look at, any larger wooden humidor should work fine...

Humidification:
http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=14
Thanks for the info, i will definately look into it.

I bought a "lucky 7" years ago from Thompsons and it has been a greeat humidor. It has a wood framed door with plexi glass and seven drawers. I only cost me about $100. It holds much more than 150 cigars, but that is okay. You can always do a coolerdor later after you build up your stash.

I checked and they still have them.

likescarsz28 said:
I bought a "lucky 7" years ago from Thompsons and it has been a greeat humidor. It has a wood framed door with plexi glass and seven drawers. I only cost me about $100. It holds much more than 150 cigars, but that is okay. You can always do a coolerdor later after you build up your stash.

I checked and they still have them.

This was my first humidor as well. Did not stay empty long enough though was the main problem for me. 
I 2nd the coolidor motion. You will fill up anything faster than you think thats for sure.

If you think you are going to pass the 150 cigar mark, just get a desktop if you want something really nice to put on display. Otherwise, a cooler is much more economical.

Read up on the Coolidors.

if you like those big ring gauge cigars, you will want a 250 to 300 count to hold 100 to 150.
Look at the Havana Foot Locker or even a nice used LANE furniture humidor off of Ebay. The "counts" are based on the corona sized cigar.

The advice given here is good. A lot of the question depends on what you're going for. Space, style, etc. Just remember the one key rule: bigger is better. If you've come this far, you're going to need a larger gun. 

Have had my eye on the Savoy Glasstop Extra Large. Looking for quality with some style. Had a glasstop style years ago and liked that I could look at my cigars and check humidity without opening the lid. Looking for people who own a Savoy and would reccomend to others. All of the cigar counts are based off of smaller stick sizes. Will a Savoy Extra Large hold 100 toro to robusto size smokes? Thank you ahead of time for any input.

I have owned two savoy glass tops. One 100 ct one 50 ct. Both worked great.