• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking to throw a herf in brooklyn nyc

LUCIANPOPPY

Newbie David presiding,
Im new to this forum as well as to the cigar world, but i have grown very fond of it and can see it will be a very expensive but fun hobby. Im only 24 yrs old and love having a good time with an array of people and personalties. I want to throw a herf in brooklyn nyc in an outdoor lounge. Trying to arrange it so that a veteran cigar enthusiast would be able to teach the rest of the particpant proper technique and cigar etiquette. Also provide an update of whats new out there accessory wise or cigar wise. There would be entertainment food and drinks. The goal would be for it to be a fun and interactive enviornmet, where everyone feels at home. Please feel free to email me or contact me if your interested. Im looking to have throw it sometime in later september early october.As i gather more information i will let you know!!
THANKS FOR VIEWING AND I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!
EMAIL ME D_BLANCHARD85@ATT.BLACKBERRY.NET if you have any questions or suggestions..

Newbie David presiding,
Im new to this forum as well as to the cigar world, but i have grown very fond of it and can see it will be a very expensive but fun hobby. Im only 24 yrs old and love having a good time with an array of people and personalties. I want to throw a herf in brooklyn nyc in an outdoor lounge. Trying to arrange it so that a veteran cigar enthusiast would be able to teach the rest of the particpant proper technique and cigar etiquette. Also provide an update of whats new out there accessory wise or cigar wise. There would be entertainment food and drinks. The goal would be for it to be a fun and interactive enviornmet, where everyone feels at home. Please feel free to email me or contact me if your interested. Im looking to have throw it sometime in later september early october.As i gather more information i will let you know!!
EMAIL ME D_BLANCHARD85@ATT.BLACKBERRY.NET if you have any questions or suggestions..

Stick around a bit, and check out some of the vendors here from NY, namely Uptown_Isy. He's definitely a knowledgeable BOTL with a great place to smoke a cigar.

Newbie David presiding,

Stick around a bit, and check out some of the vendors here from NY, namely Uptown_Isy. He's definitely a knowledgeable BOTL with a great place to smoke a cigar.

David, listen to what Jonathan(souldog24ca) said; read some of the posts, meet some of the S / BOTL from here and then organize a herf down the road. There's a number of veteran cigar smokers in NY / NYC (FOGs) that will help you out but only after they get to know you and all....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Newbie David presiding,

David, listen to what Jonathan(souldog24ca) said; read some of the posts, meet some of the S / BOTL from here and then organize a herf down the road. There's a number of veteran cigar smokers in NY / NYC (FOGs) that will help you out but only after they get to know you and all....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Very true....besides, I'm always game for a HERF

Brooklyn for a herf is going to be a tough time looking for a feasible indoor venue. There are currently only two lounges that I know of in Brooklyn, the Velvet Cigar Lounge next to Peter Luger's in Williamsburg and The Humidor on 92nd St 3rd Ave in Bay Ridge. Both places are pretty small, parking is a pain, and they are not the best environment to organize an event in which people will be bringing their own; The Velvet Cigar Lounge sells their own stuff and The Humidor is usually occupied with a local neighborhood group and seats 8 comfortably and of course they are always at maximum capacity.

As you stated before, an outdoor venue at a park or a restaurant/cafe with outdoor seating is your best option. The closest place to me is this place called "Beer Island" on West 15th St. and Coney Island Boardwalk (shameless plug because I happen to live two blocks away). If you haven't been to any herfs, some of us meet up at the Wednesday Monthly meet up, second Wednesday of every month usually in the city (there is a thread in this very forum). There you can experience some of the things that occur, or depending on how you really want to handle it you can read this forum and contact some people who have organized bigger herfs for some advice on what to expect.

I hope to see some future events lined up.