• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking to try something new

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
So I need to try something new, I have not had any thing new in about a year and a half.
Been smoking mostly Pete and Pepin products, with a few other tasty smokes (wink wink)

so I am looking at maybe something from the Cain, Diesel, or even the the new Torano Fortress.

Any opinions on these? I prefer a fuller body smoke, and like something in the robusto size range.

Thanks in advance

Tim

I had a Cain a while ago and don't remember being too impressed by it. For me, nothing comes close to the power and smoothness of an LFD. Perhaps a Chiselito?

How about Liga Privada? I know a lot of people who like the #9's and #52's. LP's don't do much for me, except the Dirty Rat, which is damn tasty.

Whenever I get bored with Pete and Pepin I move over to Fuente and Padron :thumbs:

Avoid the Cain stuff like the plague IMO! That said, AJ Fernandez has a new stick out I just saw that as far as I can see is getting rave reviews. The "San Lotana Habano." Perhaps it's time to try something new that also happens to be new? lol
Chris

Try anything from Litto Gomez.I'm particularly fond of the Diaz line. I'd be surprised if you were disappointed. Although some newbs might find them pricey, the Davidoff Winston Churchill line or Millennium line are also nice.

Doc.

"Looking to try something new " - freebern's famous last words!!!

Try the Avo Heritage.

Thanks Guys

...how in the hell did i forget about Litto....I love his stuff

think we may have a winner

T

I had a Cain a while ago and don't remember being too impressed by it. For me, nothing comes close to the power and smoothness of an LFD. Perhaps a Chiselito?

Yeah, me too. A lot of talk about Cain from some folks but I have yet to have one that has me coming back for more. Perhaps I ought to try another but so far, not too impressed either (and I very much like full bodied smokes).

I like the Cain F series for a cheaper full bodied smoke. On the Litto note, have you tried the Air Bender line? I had the chisel in this line and thought it was pretty good, but I am a Litto fiend.

How about Liga Privada? I know a lot of people who like the #9's and #52's. LP's don't do much for me, except the Dirty Rat, which is damn tasty.

I really enjoyed the Liga Privada I had when they came out. I don't know which one it was but it was pretty good. Naturally my recommendation would be something from the Fuente side of the cigar world. Maybe something from a CFCF box. I've started the official CFCF 2009 box review. The first 3 will be the common cigars and thats when the real fun begins. I have 1 common one left to review and I have 2 days left of my Antibiotic treatment. Its been a long 2 weeks.

You can never go wrong with the AF.

I am a huge fan of just about anything with their sungrown wrapper on it, and I love the Hemmingway lineup.

Think I might try and find some LFD Cammy Cabs....that really has me peeked right now

Tim

I have some really nice aged Litto cigars. I think they are from 2005 and I am debating when I will smoke one since one looks like a spotted leopard. Its actually pretty cool. I still have 2 Factory Press I's with the first 6 x 60 rg cigar from Rocky Patel. Well, before they was even shipped to the USA. There is just so many you could try. I pretty much stick to mainly Fuente cigars and then I will also have stuff from Litto and Padron. Of course some Island smokes.

I do miss having a cigar shop that I can visit. I'm so out of the loop with all the new cigars and probably 99.99999% of them in the last 3 years I haven't even smoked. I have had the B&M shop I buy from to do a grab bag type purchase. I tell them how much I want to spend and they pick out a selection for me to smoke. Its one way to keep in tune with all the new cigars.

One thing to note is that you should age a couple of cigars by Litto like the DL Chisel. They get pretty tasty after a year and the time I did it had a taste profile of a Opus X. :thumbs:

If you like a Full smoke then try Drew Estate Liga Privada T52, This is a blend that started as a private label for Steve Saka their VP and as now become a very very good and complex full body smoke.

The diesel's are very good have not tried the shorty yet. One I just tried recently and really like is the Kristoff maduro

You might try the Fuente R52 Magnum and the Ashton VSG Eclipse.

The Oliva V and Oliva Master Blends 3 are also ligero packed, though
not so new.

The Nubs are worth a try, as well.

Chemyst :cool: