• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lost Sticks

Flushnutz

So the sticks I purchased in Jlada's sale have been sitting (according to the USPS website) at my post office since the 8th. I have spoke with my local post office and they have no clue where the package is. I have little hope of them finding the package, but if they do how long before the sticks are likely done. I know this depends on several factors, but I am just looking for an estimate of when I should stop harassing the post office.

TIA

Dennis

Dennis, when it comes to USPS, who knows? Don't worry about it Brother, I have a couple of boxes of them . . . if you don't get them early next week, post up and I'll drop some in the mail.

Lee

Welcome to the club. Sometimes it turns out well, other times you lose hundreds of dollars. Good luck.

Dennis, I sent a package to a fellow member via USPS before I left for vacation on March 13th, and he is still waiting for it. I have to say don't hold your breath. But good on dulaney for offering up some replacements.

over a month ago I purchased a box of God of fire from Cigarbid.When ups came i wasnt home,but someone sighned for them and i never did see them.They told me they were insured but now UPS says I recieved them and I signed for them.I live alone and I never signed anything and i did not get the stogies.Pisses me off they told me it takes 7-10 days to file a claim and it is now over a month later.So as it turns out i havent saved anything buy using cigarbid....I have never had a problem with USPS. well i am just blowing off some steam.Bill

I don't think tobacco products are covered through the USPS.

Rich
Hi Rich!,I used to sell alot of pocketwatches on Ebay and used USPS and out of several hundred transactions I never had a problem.Wish I could say thaat about ups

I don't think tobacco products are covered through the USPS.

Rich
Hi Rich!,I used to sell alot of pocketwatches on Ebay and used USPS and out of several hundred transactions I never had a problem.Wish I could say thaat about ups

Actually, I have usually had the best experience with Fedex. UPS and USPS I have had several problems with. Dulaney thank you very much for the offer. It certainly is not necessary. I am sure I will pick some up at a later date. USPS said to check back Monday, but I have no clue why.

I guess my real question is if they find them say two to three weeks from now, will they likely be salvageable.

Dennis

Welcome to the club. Sometimes it turns out well, other times you lose hundreds of dollars. Good luck.

Luckily it was a small purchase. I know several people made much larger purchases in that sale.

Depends on how well Jeff packaged them up and if he used any type of humidification device. I would say in a regular zip lock bag they could last for at least 2 weeks. Even if it's around a month or longer I bet if you left them in your humi for about 3 months they would come back around.

edit: spelling

I've brought back a La Gloria Cubana Wavell that had been sitting in a desk for a month, and it smoked great. When (if) you get them and they are dried out, there is a couple things you can do to bring it back slowly. To avoid having the wrapper split from too rapid of rehumidification, I took a ziploc, poked a few holes in it with a paper clip, and then placed the dried cigar inside of it. I then placed the bag inside my humidor. This helps restrict the amount of air being let into the bag, and makes the humidity rise slower. I waited a couple weeks, then removed the cigar from the bag and left it in the humidor bare to finish rehumidifing. Worked like a charm!

I've brought back a La Gloria Cubana Wavell that had been sitting in a desk for a month, and it smoked great. When (if) you get them and they are dried out, there is a couple things you can do to bring it back slowly. To avoid having the wrapper split from too rapid of rehumidification, I took a ziploc, poked a few holes in it with a paper clip, and then placed the dried cigar inside of it. I then placed the bag inside my humidor. This helps restrict the amount of air being let into the bag, and makes the humidity rise slower. I waited a couple weeks, then removed the cigar from the bag and left it in the humidor bare to finish rehumidifing. Worked like a charm!

Thanks I will try that if I actually get the package.

Dennis

Always amazes me to hear this... I've sent out and received more packages via USPS than your average bear, and I've yet to have anything go missing.

I haven't been home in about 4 days and I haven't been on the forums for more than a minute here or there, but let me know what you bought and I'll see what I can do.

Disappoints me to hear this.

Always amazes me to hear this... I've sent out and received more packages via USPS than your average bear, and I've yet to have anything go missing.

Me as well. You still buy lottery tickets? I gave up pretty much.

I haven't been home in about 4 days and I haven't been on the forums for more than a minute here or there, but let me know what you bought and I'll see what I can do.

Disappoints me to hear this.

I bought the El Truinfador's. But, there is no need to do anything about it. It certainly isn't your fault that my post office lost the package. I am just greatful it was one of the smaller purchases.