• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Louisville @ Rutgers Tonight

In my best Nelson Muntz voice: Ha-Ha

How bad does the guy who jumped offsides on that field goal feel?

Interesting thread...better game! :D

Am I the only Rutgers alumnus on this board? :thumbs:

I really dislike Rutgirls, being a 'Cuse fan, but I have tremendous respect for what they have done with their program. As I stated earlier, they are for real. Are they good enough to beat one of the big boys (Michigan or Ohio State), I doubt it. However, I didn't think they would win tonight either. You got to give them credit; they showed a hell of a lot of heart and fight to come back and win this game tonight.

This just proves my point in how pre-season polls are bullshit and unjust. I've been saying this for years (regardless of the team or conference). Why should some of the teams (many in large part because of their history - i.e. Miami, Florida State, ando others) get second chances when other teams have to scrap and claw their way into the top 25, be left out of a big game, such as a Nat. Champ. game, not get that opportunity? Rutgirls aside, it doesn't matter, this happens all the time where the top programs get ranked high, lose a game, and still have a chance at the championship whereas other teams no matter what they do, have no shot no matter what they do.

Although I absolutely love college football, this is one of the reasons why I believe college basketball is the greatest sport (particularly March Madness) because any team (at least in the top 65) has a chance and opportunity to play for the title. No matter what you think about a team like RU, they ought to have that opportunity. However, if you're ranked outside the top 25 preason in college football, you're very unlikely to be given such a chance. What a shame in my opinion - and this again, is coming from an anit-rutgirls fan.

This just proves my point in how pre-season polls are bullshit and unjust. I've been saying this for years (regardless of the team or conference). Why should some of the teams (many in large part because of their history - i.e. Miami, Florida State, ando others) get second chances when other teams have to scrap and claw their way into the top 25, be left out of a big game, such as a Nat. Champ. game, not get that opportunity? Rutgirls aside, it doesn't matter, this happens all the time where the top programs get ranked high, lose a game, and still have a chance at the championship whereas other teams no matter what they do, have no shot no matter what they do.

I have to agree with the above. Under the current BCS system, the "so called" "Big" conference's champions plus Notre Dame (with a 10 win season) get automatic BCS bowl bids (read "BIG $$$). It follows that if 2 of these schools get through their schedule undefeated, they should compete in the National Championship Game.

The polls should not come out until after the 3rd or 4th week of the season, and "wins" over 1AA opponents should be counted for what they are ... practice games, with wins over conference opponents and other 1A schools weighing a bit more.

Just my 2 cents!

Well I'm not an Alum, but my money went there for four years. My son in a 2002 grad and we talked about this game yesterday. We both were of the opinion that they could win, but it would be a long shot. Well the Cardinals just went to sleep in the seecond half, I guess they thought they had won the game.

Congrats to the Scarlet Knights :thumbs:

Great game. Thanks Rutger. WVU is revenged. It just goes to show any given team can be beaten on any given day.

Well, I spent my birthday at Schlesingers and they had the big sreens on the Game. Incredable is all I can say and congrats to Scarlet Knights. I enjoyed a CAO Sopranos "Boss" with a couple of glasses of Port. It's always great to root for the underdog and see them go 9 and 0 now........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Being a Rutgers Alum, I had faith and as I posted earlier in this thread, I knew they would bust that A :p :p ... :thumbs: GOOOOOOOO RRRRUUUUUUU

Great college game - almost makes it worth sending you sticks Marc - DC # 0103 8555 7498 4105 7550 - unbanded is a RASS from '05 - Someday I will get some of the many sticks I have sent you back. Enjoy

By the way - if Rutgers goes undefeated, should they play OhioSt or Mich for the National title. I say why not, althought I think the odds are against them for their final 3 games.

i feel like i bullied you onto that bet cookie. pick out another game this weekend and we'll go double or nothing.

i shoulda taken wasy and orangemans sticks too while they were still delusional about the "daunting louisville defense". :p

your sticks are already at the post office - maybe we can do something on the Ohio St/Michigan game next week.

i feel like i bullied you onto that bet cookie. pick out another game this weekend and we'll go double or nothing.

i shoulda taken wasy and orangemans sticks too while they were still delusional about the "daunting louisville defense". :p

Hey now skippy, where did I write anything about Louisville's defense being strong? I even stated earlier that their D isn't what you would expect from a #3 ranked team and it's their O that is going to dictate whether they win or not (which was exactly what happened last night - they stopped scoring in the second half) because their D is going to allow teams such as Rutgers to put up points. ;)

The points that they allowed Rutgers to score didn't surprise me in the least. The fact that they only put up 25 did. However, as I also mentioned earlier, a Rutgers win wouldn't shock me because they are for real.

i honestly i thought a rutgers win was a long shot. i was just pretty confident they would cover. unfortunatly for rutgers when they lose one of their last 3 games (which they will), they will plummet in the rankings.

in another bcs discussion....i was thinking that if mich. and osu have a hard fought, close game, there would be a chance they would still be 1 and 2 and play for the national championship. but then i got to thinking that i swore they chaged that if you didnt win your conference, you couldnt play for the national championship. does anyone else remember that rule?

Hey now skippy, where did I write anything about Louisville's defense being strong? I even stated earlier that their D isn't what you would expect from a #3 ranked team and it's their O that is going to dictate whether they win or not (which was exactly what happened last night - they stopped scoring in the second half) because their D is going to allow teams such as Rutgers to put up points. ;)

The points that they allowed Rutgers to score didn't surprise me in the least. The fact that they only put up 25 did. However, as I also mentioned earlier, a Rutgers win wouldn't shock me because they are for real.

And my sticks you would have had! My bookie got a cool $55 from me last night.
I need a big Sunday to turn my season around.

i honestly i thought a rutgers win was a long shot. i was just pretty confident they would cover. unfortunatly for rutgers when they lose one of their last 3 games (which they will), they will plummet in the rankings.

in another bcs discussion....i was thinking that if mich. and osu have a hard fought, close game, there would be a chance they would still be 1 and 2 and play for the national championship. but then i got to thinking that i swore they chaged that if you didnt win your conference, you couldnt play for the national championship. does anyone else remember that rule?

Remember when Nebraska did that? Who else did that, perhaps Oklahoma. At any rate, I'm not sure if they changed that rule or not. However, whoever loses the Mich/OSU game will NOT (no way in hell) get a shot at the Nat. Championship game. It just won't happen because they WILL fall in the BCS rankings enough for another team (such as Florida) to jump in their place. Also, watching that matchup once will be terrific, but I won't care to see it again.