• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lunar Eclipse--03 Mar 2007

Saxjazzman

If you are interested there will be a lunar eclipse on Saturday night, 03 Mar 2007 that will be visible from most of North America, Europe (that is you Michal) and Africa. A great time to smoke a cigar outside if weather permits. It will be the first total one we have had in North America in close to three years!! :thumbs: Details of Total Lunar Eclipse

Edit:sp

Cool, but you may want to check your link. :D

I click it and get the Ft Worth TX watches and warnings page.

Damn, a couple of days early for my B-day...
Oh well, I'm sure it'll be cloudy here!

Ok I may have second guesses about attending the Indianapolis - CabinFever Herf on that same night as this Lunar event.. It could have adverse effects on some fellow BOTLS

Ok I may have second guesses about attending the Indianapolis - CabinFever Herf on that same night as this Lunar event.. It could have adverse effects on some fellow BOTLS

You all could start a new tradition in Herfs. This could be the first lunar Herf ever. Bring some good suggested Scotch or Bourbon recommended by AVB and some fine smokes and you guys and gals will be all set!! :cool:

The last several cool things that have happened, the weather here hasn't permitted any glimpses of it. Kinda sucks when the weather doesn't want to cooperate. Nothing like watching a meteor shower at almost 5000 feet on a clear night. Lost track after the first 100 back in the early 1990's.

The last several cool things that have happened, the weather here hasn't permitted any glimpses of it. Kinda sucks when the weather doesn't want to cooperate. Nothing like watching a meteor shower at almost 5000 feet on a clear night. Lost track after the first 100 back in the early 1990's.

That is something I wish I could have seen!! I think the most remarkable celestial thing I ever witnessed was an Aurora Borealis. I was a college student in MA at the time and it was beautiful, the colors. You BOTL and SOTL up north must see them often, particularly in AK.

One of my first courses I ever took in college was Astronomy. When I signed up for it I was under the impression of star gazing and the such. What I found out later we had to do Calculus type problems and I hadn't even taken Trig or Calculus before. Somehow I walked out with a C without attending a 1/4 of the class due to working full time on the grave yard shift.

Cool that’s a Saturday too.
I am into astronomy, especially after a few drinks. :thumbs:

I went up to the high desert of So Cal during one of the last meteor showers. No joke, there were on average 3 meteorites falling per second! It was an amazing site.

It was beautiful on the Hudson in New York State. My four year old said she did not want to look at the moon any more because it was ugly. I told her it was just G-d playing with his crayons having some fun. She laughed and understood that and when it became white again she yelled, Silly G-d!! Don't you love kids!!

Did anyone else observe it?? :thumbs:

I caught the very begining of this on the way home from work.
Thought there was something weird about the moon.
Should have gone out and looked again but I forgot all about it. ???