• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Macallan 15 or Balvenie 12 yr?

carddoug

Banned
I'm looking to buy another bottle of scotch soon. And the my local shop has a bottle of Macallan 15 for about 80$ and a bottle of balvenie 12 for 55$ I did a search on here and couldn't find much about these, I've heard good reviews on both. So which one is a better buy? And better flavor? And anything else you would like to say about them! Thanks for looking!

BTW the only other scotch I've had is the Glenfiddich 12 yr.

I just got a bottle of Macallan 12 for xmas and it's pretty outstanding.

My personal favorite in my very limited experience is Glenmorangie original.

I have the Balvenie Caribbean cask. It's pretty good. Not sure of the distinctions between the two though. They're both good and I'm not sure if you can compare a 15 yr scotch to a 12 yr.

I'd recommend the Balvenie 12. My opinion is they are about equal but with the Doublewood you save $25.

Both, start with the Balvenie and move to the Macallan.

Seriously, to be a scotch drinker you have to try as much as possible.

Just bought a bottle of Balvenie 12 for NYE, if you're willing to pay the extra for the Mac go with a Balvenie 15 and you won't be disappointed.

The Mac 12 is what you would compare the DW with. The Mac 12 is a full sherry casking and will be sweeter then the DW but the DW is a bit more complex. The Mac 15 is a split casking but I'd rather have the 12 or the DW myself. I do have to agree that the Balvenie 15 beats them all.

I went with the Balvenie! Really like it so far, I'll like it more when I get over this illness lol. You're right Jake, I will end up with both very soon!