• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Macanudo Maduro Vintage 1997

RoguePuffer

Recently I was in the local B&M and saw a new cigar that caught my eye.

The Macanudo Maduro Vintage Cabinet Selection 1997 Reserva Dorada 2010 Perfecto.

There are 12 sticks per box. The super dark almost black maduro wraper is flawless, and there is an eye catching large chrome ring on the top of the cigar enscribed "Reserva Dorada 2010" as well as a beautiful black band with gold and red embelishments around the foot.

The price was about 8.00 a stick or 89.00 for the box. I purchased one stick on the was to a BOTL's house, and enjoyed it thoroughly. We decided to split a box and the next week we purchased it. Unfortunatly the B&M said that the perfecto's that we bought would not be available again. They do still have two boxes of toro's but I dont know if this is a very limited thing or if they will be able to get more. I can say however that I am very glad that I got to at least get a half box.

Another upside, the B&M manager saved the box from the perfectos that were in the case and sold me the empty box once they sold out so both my friend and I have a beautiful box to keep. the box also has a beautiful Macanudo medalion on the front of it.

If you are a maduro fan and have a chance to pick some up GO FOR IT! I would have thought they would have been much more expensive by their construction and flavor.

Pictures coming soon

JR has these for 91.75 per box of Perfectos and 97.25 for the Toros. Supposedly the big-ass metal bands are just on the initial release.

Did they charge you a finders fee for the box...??

Look its one of my groupies! :thumbs:

don_t_be_an_asshat__by_robert.jpg

My box of Perfectos will be here tomorrow. I will put them deep in the humidor and rediscover next year for special occasions with friends. Purely a unique novelity..

I just received the last 7 of these that JimD had. I plan on smoking one tonight. I will let you know my thoughts in the morning.

Well, since I don't have a B&M within 100 miles, I ordered mine from the online retailer Gavin mentioned. Notice I didn't say it directly!!!
Needless to say, I was dissappointed. All of the bands slip effortlessly up and down the cigar (too dry) and several of the wrappers have some damage from rough handling I presume. They are going to the hospital (Humi) for the next two months before I smoke one. I will revisit them around X-mas when some of the brothers come to town.

Well, since I don't have a B&M within 100 miles, I ordered mine from the online retailer Gavin mentioned. Notice I didn't say it directly!!!
Needless to say, I was dissappointed. All of the bands slip effortlessly up and down the cigar (too dry) and several of the wrappers have some damage from rough handling I presume. They are going to the hospital (Humi) for the next two months before I smoke one. I will revisit them around X-mas when some of the brothers come to town.

I didn't know dry equated to bands slipping off.

Shrinkage, like when you jump in a cold lake.
wink.gif

Shrinkage, like when you jump in a cold lake.
wink.gif

Brrrrrrr!!!

....did you charge them a finders fee for the loose bands....??

I think they must have charged me!!!!!! The shrinkage / dryness -----under humidification seems to be pretty common (in my limited experience) when ordering from the aforementioned retailer, then having the cigars sit in a UPS truck for 3 days. They should be just fine after a few days at 68% RH.

I think they must have charged me!!!!!! The shrinkage / dryness -----under humidification seems to be pretty common (in my limited experience) when ordering from the aforementioned retailer, then having the cigars sit in a UPS truck for 3 days. They should be just fine after a few days at 68% RH.

I'm smelling the retailer that shares a name with a popular deck "Water Seal".

If I were you I'd try to get a refund. They may be dried well beyond the point of recovery and then you're screwed.

I'm smelling the retailer that shares a name with a popular deck "Water Seal".

If I were you I'd try to get a refund. They may be dried well beyond the point of recovery and then you're screwed.

I'ts the OTHER retailer (see post by Gavin). See, I still didn't mention any name!!!!!! I've gotten less than perfectly humified sticks from them before, so it really was no suprise. And like I said, a few days in the hosiptal (read--Humidor), they will recover very quickly.

So I have a box of Toro's on order (was Perfectos, but I got a call stating they actually had both). This is bringing back some sentimental feelings for me, as this is the cigar we used to smoke back in the Marines, in 1998. So, I thought I'd give it a shot to bring back some memories. (I know it's not the exact same tobacco, but this was as close as I could get). I didn't know anything about Cigars but I remember my buddy always saying Macanudos and Romeo and Julietas were what we got. I do remember getting a freaking delicious Romeo and Julieta when I was in Hawaii. I have no idea what Vitola it was though :blush:

So did you revisit them when your brothers came to town, how were they? :whistling:

Well I got distracted by a box of WOAM's that came to live in my Humi. I can hear them calling my name every time I open the door of the Humi.

The Brothers were in town this past weekend, but not even the shiny bands on the Macanudo's could lure them away from Siren Song of the WOAM's.

I'm afraid the Macanudo's will just have to wait their turn.

I tried one of these not very long ago. I was not impressed with it. The flavor was harsh, and the burn absolutely sucked. I thought the burn issue was a light up issue, but the cigar just kept running on me.

I will definitely pass on this stick on the future.