• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Machine Made Cigars

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I always prefer premiums to machine mades. I'm not really into machine made cigars, but I have been known to indulge in Miami Suites. These are little flavored cigars, made by Altadis USA (formerly Consolidated Cigar). I'm also not big into flavored smokes. But I do like these cigars (machine made and flavored). My favorite is the Irish Cream. Very smooth, with a great aroma. I know I'm not the only one to sometimes smoke a machine made. So let's hear your favorite machine made. This is actually the only machine made I smoke. Rod

I have smoked a couple of ISOM machine maded and they are good. I prefer hand made of course but have learned to to Poo-poo machine made autimaticaly.Just MHO:cool:(Edited by GilV at 9:09 am on Mar. 12, 2001)
(Edited by GilV at 1:46 pm on Mar. 12, 2001)

Have a box of Dutch dry-cured Vantas from Ilja at Cuesta-Rey that are a great cheap machine made. 60% Cuban tobacco and for a buck each, shipped they are a great quick smoke. Actually better than any island machine made I have had.

I enjoy the Partagas shorts and perfectos which are both machine made. I have never tried any dry-cured though.

There are a few brands that are 100% tobacco with broadleaf wrappers (not homogenized tobacco product :angry:).  Among them Topper & Muniemaker.  These are good, rich smokes for the price.  There are a whole bunch of brands on http://www.broadleafcigars.com/ including Evermore that I have not tried.I find that some of the regular machine mades hurt my throat and are just not worth it.

purosdave, the Partagas short is a hand made cigar and a #### fine one at that. Next to the Boli corona junior a fave tres' petite of mine. ####, now I gotta buy some. LMAO

Smoke Toppers and also the occassional (gulp!) Parodi.

Oh, well the perfecto is still good! I guess I better order another box of the shorts to investigate ;)

Nat Cicco Robusto reject Maduro. Not bad for under a buck. Real ugly smokes but a pleasant enough few minutes of puffing.

I like the A. Fuente Cubanitos and also the Macanudo Maduros that come in the tin 10 packs. They are great for quick smoke breaks at work or when I don't have the time to devote to a proper smoke.

I'm gonna go ahead and revive a 9 year old thread on this topic, because it's been a curiosity of mine lately.

So, Rod, are you still smoking the Altadis Irish Creams?

Either way, the question still stands, whats your favorite machine made?

I'm not gonna lie...my guilty pleasure is the Garcia Y Vega Game series, particularly the Greens. Over a summer of pool parties, I'll smoke at least 40 of these bad boys. Sometimes 2 a day when I'm BBQing poolside.

The only issue I've ever had is with a few that have produced an awful tar on the tip. Other than that, they are a crowd pleaser, people don't mind the smell and they are somewhat honey flavored. I like em when I don't want to waste a good smoke when I've had a few too many High Lifes.

So, now its your turn! What's your favorite machine made?

I used to smoke Swisher Sweets, but haven't picked on up in several years.

I also love the smell of Black & Milds, so I'll grab one from the drug store every now and then (usually I just light it and let it sit in the ashtray, so they're more like incense for me
laugh.gif
)

I had smoked a few American made Topper a few years ago that had been given out at a wedding a few years prior.

They were really very good and tasty smokes. I sometimes get the Villazon Hoyo Tins or Parodi for a work smoke.

A long time ago, I used to smoke Al Capone Sweets...which I can only assume are machine made. Now they just make me sick....

I like JLP Brevas for yardgars. Have one nearly every time I mow the lawn! :thumbs:

~Boar

I'm a fan of the various JLPs also. Especially since the place I get them still has some old brown banded ones from 07! And I mainly smoke them when mowing the lawn as well!

X3 on the JLP's. Amazing what a few years of down time do to 'em......really decent smokes for the price.