• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Machine made

Let me give you some advice...use the search function! That's what it is there for!

And to answer your question....yes, there are mm's out there that are worthy of smoking.

Look around CP and read as much as you can. Then read some more. This is the best cigar community...you can learn a lot. I did! ;) :whistling:

Don't confuse "machine made" with "short filler." For example, Jose L. Piedra and Quintero Brevas are NOT "machine made" but they are "short filler." Both are "GOOD."

So please clarify your question.

Thanks! :thumbs:

Don't confuse "machine made" with "short filler." For example, Jose L. Piedra and Quintero Brevas are NOT "machine made" but they are "short filler." Both are "GOOD."

I must be in the minority, but I think the JLP's are horrible. To each his/her own.

RyJ Clarines I think were one of the better M/M's, but are no longer in production.

I must be in the minority, but I think the JLP's are horrible. To each his/her own.

I can't stand the Quinteros but think the JLP's are great. Friend of mine sent me a boxed fiver marked "Smoke During Yardwork Only" when I bought my house, and I gotta say . . . sure made the first month of mowing the lawn a real EVENT for me!

~Boar

Let me give you some advice...use the search function! That's what it is there for!

And to answer your question....yes, there are mm's out there that are worthy of smoking.

Look around CP and read as much as you can. Then read some more. This is the best cigar community...you can learn a lot. I did! ;) :whistling:

Yikes!

What about the Padrons that come in the little 10 pack tins, not sue if those are mm, but I can't see those being so bad.

Marsh Wheelings are my machine-made choice. Legend has it that these are the very cigars that gave U.S. Grant terminal mouth cancer. 25 or 30 a day will do that sometimes.

Marsh Wheelings are my machine-made choice.

Ahhh, that velvety feel and taste of HTL!.......mmmm, mmm, good :laugh:

I think White Owls are considered 'Premiums' compared to the Wheelings :rolleyes:

Tom, go home and stop hanging out at the gas station...you promised!

When on the cheap, Munniemakers. A Ct. puro. It's really not a bad cigar. A lot of old timers, who wouldn't be caught dead buying a $5 and up cigar, smoke 'em.

Doc.

Marsh Wheelings are a good value. Pretty tasty, albeit mild. They were what Mark Twain smoked. The Munimakers are also decent mild cigars, so are Travis Club from Finck. BTW these three are all american made...Marsh Wheelings in Indiana (now, used to be Wheeling West Va), Munimakers in Pennsylvania and Travis Club in San Antonio.

The Backwoods is the largest selling all tobacco cigar. Natural wrapper ( around 2x and no binder).

We moved into my great-uncle's house a number of years ago. He lived to be 99 and smoked cigars and pipes all his life. He was also a bachelor so I'm not sure if it was the tobacco or being single that prolonged his life... :D

But anyway, I've found all kinds of tobacco tins, his old pipes, etc around the house. Many old empty cigar boxes. Seems like my great-uncle was a big fan of Dutch Masters belvederes. Obviously Dutch Masters is a brand that is still alive and well but I don't think they make the belvederes anymore. Is that true?

I've thought about going out and finding some of his old favorites in tribute to him.

BR

Cohiba clubs are good, just had some monte minis too, also delicious. Did not like the Cohiba minis.

When on the cheap, Munniemakers. A Ct. puro. It's really not a bad cigar. A lot of old timers, who wouldn't be caught dead buying a $5 and up cigar, smoke 'em.

Doc.

YEAH Doc, now yer talkin'! :thumbs: My dad used to smoke those all the time back in the 1960s. I grab one from time to time and I enjoy them, probably mostly for sentimental reasons but what they hey.

I can't stand the Quinteros but think the JLP's are great. Friend of mine sent me a boxed fiver marked "Smoke During Yardwork Only" when I bought my house, and I gotta say . . . sure made the first month of mowing the lawn a real EVENT for me!

~Boar

:laugh: :laugh:

I love 'em BOTH! :thumbs:

Rob, I wouldn't say you're in a minority, JLPs are definitely not a cigar that a lot of people rave about. :D

Not a Nice Person, yep, many people consider the JLPs a "yard 'gar" but I really do enjoy them along with the Quinteros. Like Rob said, "to each his own."

goirish121, I think some of the confusion about all current JLPs and Quintero Brevas being "machine made" comes from Min Ron NEE who says "No totally machine-made version is available so far." about the JLPs then on the very next page says "The new line of partially machine-made cigars are...." which contradicts his previous statement. :rolleyes: This is only one of quite a few errors in his book.

All I know is the literature from Habanos SA says these are "short filler, totally made by hand" which is what I believe to be true.

I'm a big fan of Avantis. They are made with fire-cured tobaccos and have an anisette flavored, sweetened tip. I'm sure it's like the Acid of the machine-made world, but I enjoy them...there, I said it.

Avanti linki

TampaSupremo