• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Maduro Madness

Ironworker

CP's Official Construction Contractor
I am curious how many of you prefer the maduro wrappers to natural or corojo or whatever.

I really prefer the maduro over any other wrapper, especially wrappers by AF.
Whats your favorite maduro smoke?
I have tried 4 or 5 different cigars with maduro wrappers and nobody does it like AF.

Rich

AF maduros are good(especially the Hemingway maduros!), but I have to give the nod to both Punch and Padron for having the best maduro.

Yes there are some great maddies out there, RPs, Brazilia, and Padron are some of my favorites.

My favorites in order are:

PAM 1964
Ashton Aged Maduro
AF Hemingway Maduro

2 of the 3 are AF but not even AF can beat the PAM IMO.

I find myself smoking more an more maddies and sun growns over natural wrappers. PAM rocks. :thumbs:

Ya'all know I'm a maduro ho !

WOAM WOAM WOAM ! ! ! :love:
Had a few Hemi's too and they freaking rock. :cool:
Any AF ! ;)

but... I got a spot for LGC too.. and maybe LFD !
awwwww hell any maduro for me..... :thumbs: :thumbs:

The Pams are a great cigar. However hard to get and rather expensive. I think the best Maduro for the price and availability is the Edge. For the price you cant go wrong !

I love AF more than any other brand but I don't like the Maduro that much. The PAM 64 is the best. I can't wait for the LGC maduro perfecto to arrive...that's one is gonna be awesome.

-Fetter

I can't choose a best... but ones I enjoy are Padrón 1964s, Padrón 1926s, AF Añejos, and sometimes Hemingway Maduros (they are a bit milder than I tend to like, but are great cigars).

Oh yah...forgot about AF Anejo's. I like those a lot.

-Fetter

Thanks to a generous BOTL, I had the experience of smoking an AF Anejo. The smoke got better and better with each puff. I've only smoked a few cigars down to the nub b/c I liked them so much and the Anejo was one of them. If I had a roach clip, I would probably used it.

Other maduros that rock are the obvious Padron 1926 & 1964! You can't go wrong with either.

Ree

I think it depends on the cigar. With Padron's the maduro's are clearly better. With AVO's I prefer the naturals. With most nonCubans I prefer maduro, but none of those are better than the natural Cubans. For me I couldn't make a deffinative choice in general.

Give me an M, give me an A, give me a D...well, you all get the idea, Maduro is my friend.

I have yet to smoke a PAM, To tell you the truth I don't know why I hear nothing but great things about them.

Yes the Anejo, Oh Oh Oh the Anejo is the best cigar I have ever smoked bar none. I just nubbed an Anejo 48 and the taste is still on my lips and in my throat :thumbs:

Obviously the maduro seems to be the more expensive of the smokes I have tried. I just got box of 50 8-5-8 maddies for under $200 and they are quite tasty. Not as tasty as the Anejo but the wrapper is a stronger smoke than most other maddies I have tried.

My maduro kick all started when I got a box of WOAM (still have 10 left) after the taste of that cigar I had to venture further out into the Arturo Fuente brand to see what else I liked.

I think I will break down and get fiver of PAMS to see how much I like them.

Is there a particular PAM that everyone prefers more than the other?

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Rich

I too prefer maduros.

My favorite maduros are:

Padron 1926
Añejo

Others I like include:
ERDM
Sancho Panza
Excalibur
Hoyo de Monterrey

Now these are NOT maduros but ya coulda fooled me:

Oliva "O" Bold
Carlos Torano Exodus 1959

Ironworker said:
[snapback]212411[/snapback]​
Yeah .... the next one ya smoke ;)

Beefcube said:
Ironworker said:
[snapback]212411[/snapback]​
Yeah .... the next one ya smoke ;)
[snapback]212418[/snapback]​

LOL :laugh: