• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mahler's 2nd......

Mahler is one of the most incredible composers....

But the Eroica......... :love:

That really depends on who's performing and conducting.

If it's the Mankato Symphony Orchestra, then yes, it gets much better!

...I had a teacher in High School (don't ask how long ago that was.... :whistling: ) that used to host classical music listening sessions over the lunch hour; I sure won't claim any deep knowledge of classical music but I will say I developed an appreciation for it, and "some" knowledge about the different composers and conductors. He even brought in a quality audio system for playback. A bunch of us would eat our lunch there while listening to great music. Mahler was one of his faves.

For sheer "punch" a movement I really like is the "Dies Irae" (Entrance of God) in Verdi's "Requiem". I heard an old RCA recording of that conducted by Toscanini and it would give you goose bumps every time.... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Maggs44 said:
Wombat said:
Does it get any better than this?

Yes it does, his 5th. One of the best pieces of music, IMHO.
[snapback]209968[/snapback]​

I prefer Jack Daniels 5th.
[snapback]209986[/snapback]​

I was just about to say that I didn't realise I was in the presence of such classy gentlemen. Then, of course, YOU posted! I know, you are a classy drunkard ;) ! j/k

I enjoy classical but my heart lies with jazz/blues. :love:

psyktek said:
Mahler is one of the most incredible composers....

But the Eroica......... :love:
[snapback]209931[/snapback]​

I just read that with an extra "t" in there...hee hee hee

Just downloaded Mahler's 2nd on iTunes. I'll check it out soon.'

My personal favorite is Schubert's 8th. It has literally brought me to tears.

Thanks for the suggestions, I've been downloading all of them. I love classical music.