• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mailing out Rhubarb

Gonz

Ultra Runner
How would one package up some rhubarb if it were going to be mailed out? I have a dozen rhubarb plants in our garden and can't possibly find enough to with it all, so I thought if it's at all feasible I'd mail out a few packages so anyone who wants could go ahead and make themselves a pie!

Or is this just a bad idea, and unless it was cold packaged with ice it would go bad by the time it made it to your door?

Sounds like a good idea but it would probably be cost preventative. You would need to put a cold pack of some kind in there to keep it from spoiling before it got to where it was going and probably some kind of insulated container. I'd be interested in being the guinea pig if you want to try it and see how it goes. I love to cook and a strawberry rhubarb pie sounds good right now.

Josh

You could always "bottle" it and send it.
My auntie on the farm I grew up on used to bottle almost everything when it was in season, so we could have fruits and pickled veges all year round.
I used to love the bottled rhubarb for breakfast on my wheat biscuits.

You could always just bake a pie and then stick it in a concrete block filled with chicken wire and booby traps. If the victim can't extract the pie intact they must admit defeat and banish themself to the island of misfit toys.

If it was for pie, I would say slice it up and freeze it in a food saver bag. It would still thaw, but should still be good enough by the time it gets there in three days or so for a pie.

Bill

If it was for pie, I would say slice it up and freeze it in a food saver bag. It would still thaw, but should still be good enough by the time it gets there in three days or so for a pie.

Bill

Not a bad idea! Sounds like it's time for some Rhubarb bombs!

Rhubarb....I remember my gramma talking about it. I thought it was something kinda nassy. So this is good stuff?

Rhubarb....I remember my gramma talking about it. I thought it was something kinda nassy. So this is good stuff?
You like sour? I mean real sour. When I was a kid we used to steal it from all the neighbors and eat it raw, dipped in salt.

Doc.

Bring it!

You could always just bake a pie and then stick it in a concrete block filled with chicken wire and booby traps. If the victim can't extract the pie intact they must admit defeat and banish themself to the island of misfit toys.