• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Major Newbie Mistake

One of the brothers from the board was nice enough to sell me a sampler. We decided on sending the funds to him through P&&&Y P&&L. I figured it was the fasted and most assured way of sending the funds.
It was at this point i made a very bad mistake. It was at this point i input(Cigar Sampler).
With these two little words i cause this person to lose his account. They shut his account down with out warning. He had it for years just like myself. I don't have to tell you how bad i feel about this. I have read the policy on tobacco on e-bay but didn't think twice about P&&&Y P&&L. Now i feel like i am standing in the middle of the parking lot with my pants around my ankles.
I posted this subject so others don't make this mistake. To top this all off the person that lost his account told me after i said i was sorry for the 102nd time simple don't do it again and with that; he let me off the hook.
I will not say his name but i just want to say: Thank you from the bottom of my black heart. You are the F*&^king MAN.... :love:

For the 103rd time i am still sorry. :(

I guess read more post less didn't help in this situation ???
I suggest you edit the feared word in your post to look something like this... P&&&Y P&&L or similar.

edit to add: the recipient is as much to blame, should have warned you IMO.
Either way, it sucks to have your life controlled. I mean, WTF to be told what and how to spend your bucks - it's a disgrace!

Brian

Indeed that is a big failure, however as infinity said, the person selling the smokes should have told you not to mention tobacco products of any kind. We all know about PP and their policy, so when I decide to accept payment via those clowns I always add that you can use them but be sure not to mention tobacco products of any kind.

F#%@KING PAYPAL! The ass squirts of the online payment industry.

Jeez,

What a mess. Newbs take notice, especially of what Gonz said.

Wilkey

<snip>

Either way, it sucks to have your life controlled. I mean, WTF to be told what and how to spend your bucks - it's a disgrace!

Brian

Yep - I warn the sender EVERY SINGLE TIME - IN BIG BOLD LETTERS!!! NO "CIGARS", "TOBACCO", or anything remotely similar in any of the headings or the message...

Wise advice, Brian!!! :thumbs:

Indeed that is a big failure, however as infinity said, the person selling the smokes should have told you not to mention tobacco products of any kind. We all know about PP and their policy, so when I decide to accept payment via those clowns I always add that you can use them but be sure not to mention tobacco products of any kind.

I agree, the seller should have mentioned this ESPECIALLY with someone new. However, it's very possible that the seller normally does provide these instructions in all of his transactions, but this time the warning was forgotten because of a lot of other details that were involved. I don't know, just a theory.

At any rate, classy move to come forward and make a public apology, Blackhawk (even though one wasn't needed - mistakes happen). However, I would probably remove all mention of PP from your earlier post. No need to attract their attention to this thread. ;)

I guess read more post less didn't help in this situation ???
I suggest you edit the feared word in your post to look something like this... P&&&Y P&&L or similar.

Brian

Noted and changed.

The way of things to come.....Sombody else telling you what you can and can't buy with your own money.

Next it will be??

If the seller writes a kiss ass letter to PP and pleads his case he will most likely get his account back. It has happened to me before. I was only without my account for maybe 2 days.

Thanks for the heads up. I never thought they would be so hard ass. Thanks for sharing this info and helping others to avoid this mistake.

This really sucks. PP is a shithole of a racket.

Not to be an ass or anything, but there have been a number of threads on this board about PP and its practices. A simple look back at old posts (something I think new people should be doing) would have given any information that was needed. A search would not have been practical in this case (why would you be searching for that info?), but a simple review of the last couple of months worth of posts could have made a big difference.

I'm not laying the blame on you, Blackhawk. I'm just suggesting that new folks can find almost anything they need to to avoid stepping in it with a look back at some of the old posts.

Just my opinion.

Yeesh that's harsh. Glad to know this so I don't make the mistake in the future. Sure there's lots of other newbs like me who had no idea.

I can't tell you how many "books" I have been buying through PP.

Really don't understand why anyone who enjoys tobacco products or owns firearms would patronize these buffoons...sure, it's quick, but an envelope with a money order in it will get just about anywhere in the country within 3 days.

Really don't understand why anyone who enjoys tobacco products or owns firearms would patronize these buffoons...sure, it's quick, but an envelope with a money order in it will get just about anywhere in the country within 3 days.
Ah....but a pp email will get just about anywhere in the world in under 3 seconds.

I have heard about the PP idiots before here and on other boards. I have never used PP before and probably never will. That is one thing that keep me away from E-Bay.

However, I have two simple questions:

1. Why does PP have this policy?

2. Why did the posts naming PP need to be edited?

???

Ah....but a pp email will get just about anywhere in the world in under 3 seconds.

Sure. But at the cost of supporting a company that seems to be more than a little wary of people exercising some very fundamental rights...