• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Making a trip to JR in Paramus

Hylan85

Reaction score
So, I'm making my first trip to JR Cigar in Paramus, NJ, I figured I'd reach out to fellow CP members and just see if any of you were planning on going there tomorrow, are regulars there, or just have a stick to recommend a new guy to try. I'm pretty much heading in there blind and equipped with my American Express, should be an interesting time.

Regards,
Daniel.

There are a lot of brands you could look for. I recommend the Arturo Fuente Sungrown Chateau or Arturo Fuente Short Story

So, I'm making my first trip to JR Cigar in Paramus, NJ, I figured I'd reach out to fellow CP members and just see if any of you were planning on going there tomorrow, are regulars there, or just have a stick to recommend a new guy to try. I'm pretty much heading in there blind and equipped with my American Express, should be an interesting time.

Regards,
Daniel.

I would highly recommend anything from Illusione.I have tried many from them and all have been outstanding.I cant get them in Indy for some reason nobody stocks them.Also a great smoke for the money is he Don Pepin Garcia black label cuban classic.Just my 2 cents..

regards,
Bill

Arturo Fuente ______ Chateau

The last 5 of these I have looked at in 4 different stores have had mold under the cedar wrapper.

I like Chateaus, but I'm not willing to pay for the "bleu cheese" variety.

Just take a peek under the cedar before you buy is my suggestion.

Regards,
Daniel.

Why? Why don't you just go to Cigar Aficion on Richmond Ave. They have a pretty good selection and, last I was in there, some of the best prices I've seen at a B&M on Padron '64's.

Regards,
Daniel.

I would highly recommend anything from Illusione.I have tried many from them and all have been outstanding.I cant get them in Indy for some reason nobody stocks them.Also a great smoke for the money is he Don Pepin Garcia black label cuban classic.Just my 2 cents..

regards,
Bill

Pretty sure JR's doesn't carry Illusione or Pepin....at least the 2 JR's I've been to down here.

Regards,
Daniel.

Why? Why don't you just go to Cigar Aficion on Richmond Ave. They have a pretty good selection and, last I was in there, some of the best prices I've seen at a B&M on Padron '64's.

He's new DeVonn and might not know much better. Hell, I thought JR's was the shit until I figured out what decent cigars were....now I don't even look at their cigars when I go into the humidor, I look at the accessories.

Regards,
Daniel.

regards,
Bill

Pretty sure JR's doesn't carry Illusione or Pepin....at least the 2 JR's I've been to down here.

Regards,
Daniel.

He's new DeVonn and might not know much better. Hell, I thought JR's was the shit until I figured out what decent cigars were....now I don't even look at their cigars when I go into the humidor, I look at the accessories.

Point taken Jonesy..... just curious as to why he'd haul all the way out to Paramus NJ when he's got a pretty good shop that looks to be less than 5 miles from where he lives.

edit to add: He ain't that new to cigars. :whistling: :sign:

Hah. I've been to the store on Richmond Ave, I figured I would go check out JR for the pure size, and to look at some humidors. Plus, it was something to do for the better part of the morning. Thanks for all the reccomendations though!

Regards,
Daniel.

regards,
Bill

Regards,
Daniel.

Point taken Jonesy..... just curious as to why he'd haul all the way out to Paramus NJ when he's got a pretty good shop that looks to be less than 5 miles from where he lives.

edit to add: He ain't that new to cigars. :whistling: :sign:

Yea, it's your backyard, so I should have let you talk him through it! :laugh: