• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Making cigar labels

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
After a trade or two with STYX&STONED here, I was ultra impressed with the care he obviously gives his cigars and trades. I really admired the way he supplied the box codes for the "special" ones. ;)

And I thought, I'd really like to start doing that- putting the box codes or purchase date's on my cigars- that way I'll know at a glance when and where they were made and if I ever trade them with someone- they would know too.

My page layout program of choice is Pagemaker- but I'm familiar enough with several others to create some real basic crap on my own- but thought maybe someone here, who is more talented and creative than I may have already done the hard work... And in the spirit of the internet and copyright infrigement I wanted to steal someone elses designs.

Does anyone here happen to print thier own labels/bands for cigars? And if so- do you have a template you'd care to share? :D

If you do --------- PLEASE LET ME/US KNOW.

either post a link to it, or you can email it directly to me.

toaster@pobox.com

Thanks
:thumbs: Toaster

Toaster,
Hit up mhn.
Mike just sent me some simple but really cool labels with my name on them.

STYX

I guess basically what I wanted was a simple "daughter" band to add the series name of the cigar, date purchased or box code (if applicable). I printed some up last night using Pagemaker 7, really thin, 2 lines of 9pt text and a small cigar clipart from somewhere... On the cigar's I knew the box codes for- I put that, if not I used the approximate purchase date, and added the series of that brand (ie: Bolivar Royal Corona - Nov 2001 .... or Partagas Serie D#4 - LLN JUL 03) yada...yada...yada...

I printed a bunch of them, cut them with my straight edge cutter- used a little glue stick (the kind kids use in school- looks like lipstick- but clear), put a smidge on the end, wrapped them around the stick and presto- instant second band.

Of course this could be used at any size- I was thinking someone else might have had some nice clipart already done up---etc... I did this before with some bundles I bought YEARS ago- actually my son did them for me on his color inkjet printer, with a silhouette of Tony Soprano in the background that looked awesome- its just time consuming to cut and paste them all together, but the end result is awesome looking.

Thanks for the input fellers.

:thumbs: Toaster

All bands you will have to use your own adhesive. I just made some bands, now I gotta get the straight edge to cut them. Try Microsoft Publisher.

Emo

emodx said:
All bands you will have to use your own adhesive. I just made some bands, now I gotta get the straight edge to cut them. Try Microsoft Publisher.

Emo
you can use Avery full seet label paper, print the bands, cut 'em and then when you put the bands on the cigars, just remove a small amount of the backing paper and the bands sticks to itself!!

That's what I do, I make the artwork in Illustrator and print it on glossy label paper, cut out a small edge with an X-acto blade(about 1/4") and stick it to itself. A piece of cake. If anyone may need some made, let me know....I'm a graphic designer and have access to all kinds of stuff :D We'll work something out....

CigahSmoker- you need to post some of that art for us! :D

Share the love man!