• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Man O' War Robusto Review

Nicklor

Teh Beer N' Gar Connoisseur ...
Out of Wrapper - Upon further inspection, I was stunned by the foil band, but the milk chocolate, silky-smooth oily wrapper caught my attention too. I sniffed the entire length of the cigar to reveal an outlandishly sugary, almost Wrigley Spearmint-like sweetness, yes you read that right. At this point I'm confused as if I should actually chaw a piece of the 'gar off and enjoy it like Red Man Golden Blend, or continue onwards with a lava-piercing flame to spark it up.

After The Punch - I took a few puffs on the dry cigar to find it is has a medium draw with a tingly sensation that is left on my lips, this might be interesting!

Initial Puff - My palate was greeted with an interesting blend of spices, woody/toasty notes, with a chocolaty/coffee twang finish reminding me of the Padron 2000.

First 2 inches - The flavors seemed to shift over and over again, between a creamy vanilla latte sweetness to hints of wood, with a really clean finish after exhalation, simply delicious! Burn was even and top notch.

The first(and last) 1/3 - After awhile the cigar lost it's glory, and my interest. The flavors that once shifted back and forth eventually succumbed to just a woody note, I thought about letting it die, but I hate to waste a cigar, so I decided to stick with it for a little longer. I fought with it for ten more minutes before finally putting it to rest, the cigar left me with an almost kerosene taste at the end.

Final Thoughts and Conclusion -

The first two inches were mesmerizing and decadent, eventually it shot straight down into the bowels of Hell, and I find myself asking, "What happened?!?" If the stick was bad or not, I will never know, but I do know that I wouldn't find myself smoking one of these again unless the cigar stayed as promising as it's entrance was.

I was reading other reviews that stated this stick as the next Opus X, *chuckles* I've never had an Opus before(would die to try), so I can't stake the claim truthfully, but after what I've been through, I seriously doubt that, sorry, I'm a non-believer.

Almost as bad as the band of the same name?

Hey, Manowar is classic dude...

Yeah, but their album covers held records for man-nipplage-- at least until the movie 300 came out... :laugh:

Thanks for the review. The pictures are great! I guess this answers my question about the smaller Man O' War sticks.

Barry

Bet it needed more time in the humidor...

*edit* Nice review, but please do yourself a favor and never say to yourself "I'll never smoke another one of these again!" if the cigar wasn't completely vile from the beginning.

I try my hardest to give every "bad" cigar another chance, what if the first one you had was just a dud? Or it needed some rest in the humidor (it really does make a difference, I used to not think so either, but I've been turned into a believer).

So, I wouldn't write the man o' war off right away... I had a Padrón 2000 last week that was just rancid (my first truly horrible Padrón) what if it had of been my first? And I chose to never smoke another? I guess you can see my point...

Shawn

Almost as bad as the band of the same name?

Hey, Manowar is classic dude...

'Thor the mighty. Thor the brave. Crush the infidels in your way....' 'Raise your hammer to crack the sky. Lift your cape so that you may fly.'

'May your sword be wet like a young girl in her prime.'

Yep... classic as absolute cheese. Hilarious to listen to (I have a mate who loves them), but it would be odd if you took them seriously.

Cheese is good when it comes to unabashed fantasy metal.

And Nick please put your next review in the review forum :)

More people will see it that way.

I guess I will go against the grain here. I have smoked quite a few of these, and they have all been good smokes. A little rest in the humidor does these good.
Scott

I guess I will go against the grain here. I have smoked quite a few of these, and they have all been good smokes. A little rest in the humidor does these good.
Scott

me too. i think they're pretty tasty. they're not pepins but they are good, solid smokes IMHO.

Scott
I too think this is a damn fine smoke.the figurados are awesome! imho

I bought 10 and smoked 9 and gifted 1, and I'd buy them again.

Good strong yard-gars, and now worth the price since CI saw the silliness of their ways.

CI's "Blue Label" brand is a much better cigar for around the same price, I suggest you give them a try.

I enjoyed my experience with the Man O War. I've had around 5 and each have been well constructed.

When I first got mine I thought they were a bit harsh and mostly boring......I let em rest for a few months, and they are much better. I find them rich and earthy.....maybe some leather notes....I just love them. Imho, if you are looking for lots of spice, these will not be for you. But if you ever crave that straightforward, earthy tobacco flavor, these can deliver, and in a robust way. I love em, but they do need a nap.

I think the corona is the best of the bunch, wouldn't pay CI'S "asking price" but you can catch them on c-bid or CI'S make me an offer for a good price