• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Manhattan Finished Bourbon

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
Does anyone have any experience with Manahattan Finished bourbons? I was listening to a podcast where the hosts were drinking a High West bourbon which was produced in a way that made it taste like a Manhattan when you poured it from the bottle. No additional vermouth or bitters necessary.

There is a store nearby me that has Jefferson Manhattan Barrel Finished and I'm wondering if that is like the High West I. Terms on tasting like a Manhattan straight from the bottle?

I have not tried the the Jefferson, but the High West barrel aged Manhattan is very good. I like to make my own, so I was a little skeptical. Very tasty and very convenient when you don't want to take a bar with you on a trip, and I have been known to take a bar with me in the past. :) Based on High West's effort, I will likely try the Jefferson's.

So I picked up a bottle of the Jefferson Manhattan bourbon. It's not bad. There isn't as much bite from the bourbon, call it smooth but I wish that there was more bite or burn from the whiskey. The vermouth and bitters is definitely there.