• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Maria Mancini good bad

hornetguy

Has anyone tried these inexpensive smokes? I was thinking they would make a really nice yard smoke, especially with the 8 freebie Magic Mountains thrown in. I just haven't heard anyone talking about them much. The corona size sorta appeals to me.

hornetguy said:
Has anyone tried these inexpensive smokes? I was thinking they would make a really nice yard smoke, especially with the 8 freebie Magic Mountains thrown in. I just haven't heard anyone talking about them much. The corona size sorta appeals to me.
[snapback]246333[/snapback]​

Funny you would ask that today...

I guess my reviews suck since no one ever seems to say anything in them ???

I had one once. Had no lasting impression, but that was just one.

I've heard good things about the Magic Mountain, but don't have any recollection of trying one myself.

A Mancini was one of the first smokes that I ever had. It was gifted to me by a BOTL from this board. I loved this smoke. Like Wurm said it was very spicy with a lot of taste in each draw. I smoked it at my brother-in-law's B-day party. Liked it so much I went and found some at my local shop. The second one I smoked was a flat out dog rocket, draw was tight and didn't improve, taste seemed very bitter and stale. I think I just got a bad smoke on the second one so I am going to give them another try. I have two in the humi that I am aging a little first.

Edit: smoked the Mancini last night and may I say that it was as good as the first one I smoked. Must have gotten a dud on the second one.

Wurm said:
hornetguy said:
[snapback]246333[/snapback]​

Funny you would ask that today...

I guess my reviews suck since no one ever seems to say anything in them ???
[snapback]246334[/snapback]​

Good review. Thanks for the link to it. I think the smaller ones just might be the ticket.
Your four year old is CUTE! :D Our baby is 20 yrs old. Makes me feel like an old man.

hornetguy said:
Good review. Thanks for the link to it. I think the smaller ones just might be the ticket.
Your four year old is CUTE! :D Our baby is 20 yrs old. Makes me feel like an old man.
[snapback]246516[/snapback]​

lol having a 15 and a 4 year old makes both my wife and I feel old as dirt sometimes. I hope you enjoy the little smokes as much as I did.

I really like the MM.....except for the construction problems I've experienced lately. Maybe I need to be more careful firing these sticks up but they seem to have tunneling and extreme uneven burn problems. I like the maddies best but the EMSs are also tasty. Hard to beat for the price when they burn properly.

greenwit said:
I really like the MM.....except for the construction problems I've experienced lately. Maybe I need to be more careful firing these sticks up but they seem to have tunneling and extreme uneven burn problems. I like the maddies best but the EMSs are also tasty. Hard to beat for the price when they burn properly.
[snapback]246819[/snapback]​

I haven't had this problem with the MM. Construction has been ok and the burn has been very good on the ones I've had

I enjoy these smokes a lot and find them to be a good value. Try smoking one with a sweeter australian port. I think the two pair very well together.

All the Maria Mancini's suffer at a young age. I have yet to have one under a years age that remotely tasted good. I have had 2 MMMM's with 2 years age on them that I thought were awesome. So, I guess buyem and wait, or ask around on the different boards if anyone has some with age for sale..

-E

I'm new around here but I have a bunch with some age on them. I could send ya a couple to try. Just pm me.

macallan2 said:
I'm new around here but I have a bunch with some age on them. I could send ya a couple to try. Just pm me.
[snapback]248226[/snapback]​

my goodness... how can I pass THAT up? Look for the pm straight away.. :thumbs:

emodx said:
All the Maria Mancini's suffer at a young age. I have yet to have one under a years age that remotely tasted good. I have had 2 MMMM's with 2 years age on them that I thought were awesome. So, I guess buyem and wait, or ask around on the different boards if anyone has some with age for sale..

-E
[snapback]247966[/snapback]​

I think you might be right. Just pulled a MM out that had at least several months of aging on it and it burned decently and tasted great. Seems like some stogies do well right away.....like the HdM Excaliburs and ERDM robustos (in my experience anyway). When the MMs are right there is very little out there that offer the price/taste ratio that the MMs do. I just might order a box and then throw 'em in the humidor and forget about them for awhile.

Pulled a torp out of the 'dor a few weeks ago for the golf course. Good draw, nice aroma, very dark and oily, excellent construction. Was not overwhelmed with the flavor, but a good $2 smoke.

Gregor

ok... an update. I got to try a well aged MM last night, courtesy of macallan2.... many thanks! I have to second the opinion that they get to be pretty nice with some age. While this was a larger vitola than I usually reach for, it burned very well, the draw was close to ideal, and required no touch ups at all. Flavor started out a little spicy, then mellowed a touch. I even detected a slight sweetness in both the taste and aroma. This was a pretty nice smoke. I'm thinking I'm going to try some in the smaller, corona sized smokes just to see if the flavor profile is any stronger.
thanks again to a true B.O.T.L.