• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Marinades

StogieSteve

I've got people coming over on friday and I'm wondering if anyone could suggest a good marinade for chicken breasts?

Thanks in Advance.

Garlic salt and pepper is a good start. Simple tasty.
I'm also a fan of the Italian dressing.

Is this bone in breasts? If so,
and if you are adventurous you might try to brine the breasts first.
It's worth it, trust me.
If you want pm me and I'll send you my brine instructions.

If you just want delicious juicy unadulterated chicken, brining is the way to go. It basically pull out, and then replaces, and locks in the moisture. My family and friends go nuts over my poultry, and that is all I do unless I cook a full bird.
If doing a whole bird, I add some fruit and aromatics, and other items into the cavities.

Marinate derives from "Marine".

I don't know if Club House Seasonings (McCormick is the parent company) has a Baja Citrus marinade. Absolutely awesome! My wife and I have done this with chicken breasts and pork chops, and the directions say you can try it with fish as well. We've also done Caribbean Jerk marinade too. Granted, both of these seem a little more summer-like, but to each their own. Hell, sometimes it's nice to have a summer feeling meal in the dead of winter up here... takes your mind off of the -30[sup]o[/sup] weather.