• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Marrying flavors

1badbird

What do you all think about placing different brand cigars in a humidor side by side? Is this a bad practice or what.

Thanks in advance.

Not really. Some opinions vary, but I've done it in the past (for extended periods) and have not noticed any difference since I started buying boxes, keeping cigars seperated. Just keep any flavored cigars in a different humidor.

I'd be more worried about that Louisville air getting to them. :D Really though, this should not be a big deal. I have more brands in a humi than I can count. I do keep boxes separated but singles and fivers go in with the rest of the pool. I don't do flavored cigars so I don't have to worry about that.

Aw good one ...Punk. The Louisville air is what it is. Now if we hillbillys could do something about all those Buckeye boats cluttering our lakes. :D

Unless your cigars are going to be sitting side by side for 20 yrs or so, I wouldn't worry about it.

Doc.

Just don't drop an Acid or Lars Tetens next to a Davidoff Gran Cru. It may not effect the core flavours, but it will make a natural cigar reek of perfume dips and other disastrous things.

Basically just don't put any flavored cigars near your good cigars. That's why if you'll notice when you go to a cigar store they have a separate humidor for the flavored cigars. Unless those cigars are in tubes, still most of the time they still end up in a separate humidor just to be on the safe side