• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MC LE 2008

Renefatdude

The Flying Dutchman
Smoked one of these big sticks this weekend, wow what a fantastic cigar!!!
This good at this age, I ordered a box from my tobacco shop.

If you want anything for Christmas, get a box of these.

Rene

Smoked one of these big sticks this weekend, wow what a fantastic cigar!!!
This good at this age, I ordered a box from my tobacco shop.

If you want anything for Christmas, get a box of these.

Rene

Damn, I was hoping everyone was going to avoid talking about them, I have a few left and they are mind bending, plus very strong, you know they're going to be amazing in a few years.

Indeed, very strong, much stronger than everything I've smoked from MC before!

Rene

Rene

To me, when you get one that's been well cared for and is still oily, it's like a cigar that comes out of a book humidor. That thing will be mind-bending for years. I'm going to order as many as I can.

Rene

Damn!!! Thats about all I can say. I haven't ordered or tryed any, but the way you guys are talkin might change that

What a Cigar possibly the best Cigar I've had this year

Everthing about it was stunning the size, draw, flavours ,feel, colour and the Price !
not very heavely pack with tobacco but wonderful flavours

"Aye Wishin I could Smoke them Everyday"

gallery_8622_929_70469.jpg

Rene
I totally agree. The ones I've smoked are absolute monsters. Quite possibly the strongest Habanos in terms of sheer strength (as opposed to the raw harshness one might get with a young Romeo y Julieta Cazadores) I've ever smoked.

However, I find them very unsettled. Not at all coherent in what it delivered. One can only hope that these will pull together over the years. If not, they could be some very expensive, very strong duds.

Wilkey

Just do your best to convince everyone they are terrible before all the supply is gone. Not only are mine amazing, but you definitely get the perception that they will age very, very well.

Rene
I totally agree. The ones I've smoked are absolute monsters. Quite possibly the strongest Habanos in terms of sheer strength (as opposed to the raw harshness one might get with a young Romeo y Julieta Cazadores) I've ever smoked.

However, I find them very unsettled. Not at all coherent in what it delivered. One can only hope that these will pull together over the years. If not, they could be some very expensive, very strong duds.

Wilkey

WTF????? Flag on the play!!! Thats the LAST thing I need to "hear" Wilkey. Damn

Well,

One can only hope that the Cubans know what they're doing. I suspect that in general they do. And with respect to leaf, certainly so. But a pattern that I've noticed emerge with respect to the LEs and selected other special releases is a tremendous range of performance. This is even beyond some guys saying they don't like 'em while others do. It's more like guys saying some specimens are tremendous and the same guys saying other specimens are utter crap. For example, the LCDH Bolivar Gold Medals. Fantastically inconsistent varying from great to utter crap. Tinny, metallic, tight and bland. This is across 8 or 10 boxes spanning 2006-2007. Also, the Trinidad LE. A slightly tighter range but ranging from sublime to odd. To a lesser degree the Hoyo Regalos and the Romeo Escudos. When I get such a range of variability and my enjoyment of any given specimen becomes a crap shoot, I become quite the unhappy, disgruntled customer.

I don't, however, get the same sense of chaos with Regional Editions. In my opinion, these have been much more true to the marca and more consistent from box to box and over time. For example, the Trini Ingenios taste like no regular line Trini I've ever had, but the RA Estupendos are to the RASS as the Sir Winston is to the Magnum 46. Richer, more elegant, more finesse, but recognizable.

Wilkey

I was in a LCDH this weekend and checked out their monty sublimes, they were 6's compared to the 10's I have in my humidor.

I bought 2 boxes of trinidad ingenios from my usual overseas spot, first box was dog rockets, sent it back, second box was mediocre with hard draw.

Got 2 boxes of Cuaba Piramides, same month production but 2 different factories, one EMA, one URO (yes I know they change, this was same month. URO's were epic, EMA's were meh.

PSD4's mentioned in another thread, all odd, one crap,

I think we're seeing massive QC problems again.