• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

McClelland's Frog Morton

bluue13

Today I will be reviewing for all you fine folks McClelland's classic Frog Morton blend.

Frog Morton
Latakia, VA
Ribbon Cut

McClelland makes some very decent pipe tobaccos and for me, this one is in my top 5.  The aroma from the tin (read: mason jar) is what you would expect from a typical smoky English blend but with a subtle softness to it that almost reminds me of church incense and campfires.  

Upon the charring light the aroma is heightened and there is a lovely touch of sweetness that is quite pleasant.  The flavors that come through while smoking are perfect.  The latakia gives that perfectly balanced smokiness while the VA gives a subtle sweetness that really rounds out the blend.  

The room note again is of that woodsy campfire-y church incense.  That may sound off putting but I mean it in the sense of that aroma you get when you walk into a historic cathedral and you get that faint woodsy sweet incense smell.  I don't know if I'm describing it correctly but to me, its a great aroma.  It makes me think of camping and travelling all at once.  

This is a very cool and relaxing smoke and to me it is perfect for finishing the night and pairs very nicely with an earl grey tea.

Pick up a tin for now and a tin for ageing if you haven't already.

dd12ed31-d795-4b72-bd67-24209275bf2d.jpg

This is one of two FM's I have tried. I Like it as well and have a Poker dedicated to this blend. When I first opened the tin I told my wife that I thought I had just wasted $14. But it turns out I really liked it.

I want to try FM Cellar as well. The reviews I have read on it are positive.

Thanks for the review.

This is one of the blends I've wanted to try. Thanks for the review, I guess it's time to pick some up.

I have found also that it helps to let this one sit out for a few hours or so before packing.  It does carry some excess moisture with it.