• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

McDonald v Chicago -- 5-4 -- reversed and remanded!

OpusXKC

MOΛΩN ΛABE
In case you hadn't heard, the SCOTUS case of McDonald v Chicago was decided today. This case was to determine if the second amendment to the us Constitution applied to the states, via 14th amendment incorporation (in this case via "due process"). This also overturns the Chicago handgun ban. It was decided 5-4 in favor of Mr McDonald, reversing and remanding the 7th circuit decision.

I don't know about you guys, but I'll smoke a good one to this!

Case #08-1521 -- McDonald v Chicago

--Edit:

The case did not overturn the Chicago law but remanded back to a lower court for a decision. However, it does look like in the light of the ruling it will be overturned.

We are all going to die!!!! /Daley

Glad this nonsense is over, making criminals out of ordinary citzens. My only problem is that there is no where in Chicago to practice or become proficient. I am all for this decision, but the City needs to lighten up and let the gun businesses back in. Owning is one thing, being proficient is another.

I fear no matter what they (Daley) will somehow make it extremely hard to own. Some sort of higher level gun registration is the talks now, in addition to whatever already is in place.

I think there will be some job changes for a a few elected officials...at least over the next couple years.

Hopefully Illinois is moving in the right direction. I'd like to see concealed carry in this state I call home.

Hopefully Illinois is moving in the right direction. I'd like to see concealed carry in this state I call home.

If you move down here to redneck country, you won't have to worry about that!

Totally autonomous of my elation about this, it pains me to point out the no politics rule.

Totally autonomous of my elation about this, it pains me to point out the no politics rule.

I thought about that also Phil. I really had to hold my tongue in my response because of it.

Yes, it's the right decision, and I'm glad it went the way it did.

What pains me is that four justices voted AGAINST it. That is perhaps as significant as the victory is.

Wonder if anyone will have the stones to ask Kagan about it at her confirmation hearings this week....??...:whistling:

We are all going to die!!!! /Daley

Glad this nonsense is over, making criminals out of ordinary citzens. My only problem is that there is no where in Chicago to practice or become proficient. I am all for this decision, but the City needs to lighten up and let the gun businesses back in. Owning is one thing, being proficient is another.

I fear no matter what they (Daley) will somehow make it extremely hard to own. Some sort of higher level gun registration is the talks now, in addition to whatever already is in place.

Since when have the Daley's found laws to get in their way. Remember the City of Chicago vs. the State of Illinois in the proposed closing of Meigs Field in downtown Chicago?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meigs_Field

Somehow they will try to find wiggle room to get around the courts decision whatever it may be.

You don't understand. I live about 50 minutes from the southern border of Illinois into Kentucky and Missouri. I am in redneck country.

I too recognized that Fill.

You don't understand. I live about 50 minutes from the southern border of Illinois into Kentucky and Missouri. I am in redneck country.

Obviously, you're still a good 50 minutes from redneck country!
laugh.gif

Come down to the Mississippi riverbottoms near Chester Il. You'll find plenty of Rednecks with guns... and bars with sawdust floors

Move to IN, Lifetime carry permits here. Even open carry.

Kagen is antigun. She is on record as stating it is not a personal right.