• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Meerschaum pipe- any recommendations?

August_West

The one type of pipe I still need to pick up is a meerschaum. Does anyone have any recommendations for a moderate priced meerschaum? I'm not sure where to start. Is there better quality meerschaum or is it all about the pipe carver style? Thanks!
-Eric D.

As long as it's a solid block carved meerschaum pipe you should be OK. A lot of folks recommend CAO or IMP Meerschaum pipes. Stay away from "pressed block" or anything that doesn't explicitly say it is "block carved" or carved from a solid block of meer.

Good luck! I'm in the market myself, I just haven't found the right one.

Thanks! That helps out a lot, I have noticed the listings for "block carved". Let the pipe hunting begin!
Happy puffing,
Eric

I purchased mine from a local B&M that had a nice variety of meers. It is a Servi Meerschaum (can be seen in my pic to the left). I absolutely love this pipe. I was unsure after the first smoke but give it a few rounds and you will love it.

The best part is the fact that you can smoke ANYTHING in these pipes without them imparting any ghosts into your next smoke. This pipe smokes English tobaccos like a champ.

Not sure what your price range is, but I picked this up for a little over $100. I wanted to spend a bit more to make sure it was a quality meer.

I forgot to add:

When you look at them online, double check the dimensions. Some of those pipes look great for a great price because they are very small.

As far as meerschaum goes, I want an apple shaped bowl, but I only want one lined with meer, not a complete bowl. I am having a hard time finding one right now, but half the fun is the search.

Tim

Try searching baki or yanik meerschaum on any search engine. Both are excellent

Let us know what you get :cool: