• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Memory Lane...

mrjinglesusa

CP Chemist
We all started in the same place (relatively). :p

SamClemmons said:
Newby here. I'd like to get in on this one if nobody minds. As a matter of fact, I'd like to get in on this one even if somebody does mind. Snailer sent.
Neal
[snapback]8375[/snapback]​

ggiese said:
Well, then.... Please put me down for the pass!!!

Thanks to everyone for allowing me in - I FULLY understand why someone with no track record would be shunned from a NICE box pass! Hell, that's why the FTC gets all of the complaints about eBay! There are A**holes out there!!!

And I PROMISE (down on one knee, head bowed reverently...) that no one will be disappointed with my puts....

I'm in town - not going anywhere - anxiously awaiting the cigars!!! :thumbs:

Thanks

- George
[snapback]146871[/snapback]​

coventrycat86 said:
"LOL" as they say in the chat rooms. Since I'm new to cigarpass.com I figured I gotta start somewhere with posts so may as well suck up to Dave!!
[snapback]45247[/snapback]​

Lee said:
I'm new to the game and would love to jump in here. I'm green, so help me out! :cool: Leebo
[snapback]9694[/snapback]​

lucasbuck said:
Hey fellow cigar lovers, I'm new here and also a pretty new smoker. I just started my cigar habit in February. Anyway I finally took the plunge and got my first box of Havanas. What I'm wondering is how long should I let them sleep in my humidor before I start smoking them and what temp/humi would you recommend? The box is from July 2002 so they already have a year on them if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any hints and tips and I look forward to being an active participant in many of the forums here. This is a great site and I've already learned a ton reading all the posts since I joined one month ago. Happy Smoking!

-Craig
[snapback]44581[/snapback]​

emodx said:
I understand the reason for all the rules of the pass, but I do have a question. Cigar prices vary from store to store, and region to region. How do you come to a basis of what is worth what?
Second, what if the stick you took is a $10 stick, and rated a 86. Then put a $8 stick rated at 90? I just would like some clarification from a seasoned passer.

Emo
[snapback]10873[/snapback]​

Some of the others were really boring. ;)

Nice post

Imagine that, me beggin to be in davey's pass.....boy was I stupid! :laugh:

Yep, those were the days....hardly any asshats in here then.... :whistling:

I don't claim to know everything, I only comment on what I know, unlike others I see.

I think some of these nooblers need to go back and read some of those threads Jim. Maybe they'd understand "how things were done" back then.... ;)

Lee said:
I think some of these nooblers need to go back and read some of those threads Jim. Maybe they'd understand "how things were done" back then.... ;)
[snapback]259256[/snapback]​

That was sort of the point Lee. ;) :thumbs:

Okay, you're smarter than I thought, I'll make a note of that.... :laugh:

Dixie was kind a enough to point me to the "rules of the road".

I still have a post count lower than my member number so I'm still a newbie! :laugh:

Whatever happened to Dixie?

fllbrent said:
Dixie was kind a enough to point me to the "rules of the road".

I still have a post count lower than my member number so I'm still a newbie! :laugh:

Whatever happened to Dixie?
[snapback]259276[/snapback]​

I think he got fed up with the asshats and left....

Although he doesn't consider himself a FOG, Stevehawk introduced me to the board and happens to be one of my best friends and my own personal (and local) FOG!!! When he posts, newbs would be smart to listen!

Thanks for bringing up another painful memory, Dr. J...

SFG busted my balls in that thread...

Scotty pointing out my faux pas...

I knew there was a reason I didn't like that guy... :laugh:

Actually, I distinctly remember that happening. And I also remember thinking to myself how badly I screwed up on this board by not reading and knowing the rules...

Ahhhh - My first CP pass... :love:

kiltedcraftsman said:
Although he doesn't consider himself a FOG, Stevehawk introduced me to the board and happens to be one of my best friends and my own personal (and local) FOG!!! When he posts, newbs would be smart to listen!
[snapback]259284[/snapback]​

Just don't play poker with him... :whistling:

And I hear he really likes teabags.... :laugh:

kiltedcraftsman said:

stevehawk said:
Hi all,

AVB suggested I do an intro, which sounded like a good idea, so here it is... not sure exactly what to include, so here's a short bio:

(Sorry to bore ya!) Happily married, Idaho, 42, Program Manager, former paratrooper, 3 sons, no pets, blah, blah, blah....

I was introduced to cigars about 6 months ago when some guys I work with and I started playing weekly poker games. Since then, I've gotten slowly but firmly drawn into the fold. Now, I look forward to the cigar breaks more than the poker. (We've begun playing our games in the garage now so that we can smoke through the entire game without suffering the wraths of our repsective spouses or getting kicked outside... heh heh...)

Anyway, being a newbie I'm still trying to find my favorite smoke. I like to try different brands and sizes. At first, I stuck with milder sticks but now I enjoy those in the Medium range. I keep notes (taste, contruction, draw, appearance, etc.) on everything I smoke so I can remember what I like and what I don't.

That's about it... Next poker game is tomorrow, so all is well in the world. (Except it's in the friggin garage -- and it's cold as hell -- ah, well, the smokes make it worth it!)

If you've read through all of this muck and are still awake, thanks for your time!

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em!

Steve
[snapback]142094[/snapback]​

:thumbs:

mrjinglesusa said:
Are the non-ISOM RASS good? Never had one (to be honest, never heard of one) until this post. I doubt I can aquire an ISOM but would like to try a non if they are good smokes. I'm always up for something new...

EDIT: BTW, what's a PSD4?
[snapback]158875[/snapback]​

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sign:

kiltedcraftsman said:

There a few BOTL's that I confide in when I am unsure of things too. Cigarsarge and Ray (Grand Cru 2) a few of them.

Scott1966 and tone-ny also help me out too.

ricmac25 said:
When I opened my humidor the RH was 75%.
How do I lower that?
[snapback]41215[/snapback]​

You ever figure out how to lower the humidity in your humi Ric? :laugh: ;)

It is much to late to try and blame me now :0

mrjinglesusa said:
kiltedcraftsman said:

stevehawk said:
Hi all,

AVB suggested I do an intro, which sounded like a good idea, so here it is......

Steve
[snapback]142094[/snapback]​

:thumbs:
[snapback]259304[/snapback]​

I was already a two year vet on a couple other boards when I posted that. I already knew several guys here so it's not as "in your face" as you might think. Not long before that I had the joy of burning down Leebo on Loversoftheleaf.com (Freddie's board) for being the post padding PIA that he was.
Man... that's a long time ago.

NA