• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Message from lurch

preembargo

Sleeping not so peacefully
lurch's wife called me today to let me know that he's landed safely in Kuwait and that he's waiting for a flight into Iraq. He's blocked from any tobacco related websites right now and he's asked that I let the board know that he'll try to get online once he gets to where he's going.

I think it is a theater-wide thing. There's a guy in the army on one of my other boards and he's remarked about it. The filter goes down from time-to-time, so everyone rushes in to get on the "filtered sited". He has to bribe people to post on the rare occasion he can.

Hopefully it's different with the Marines, though. You never know. Tell Lurch we miss him and to take care. Tell him we're praying for him.

Oh ya, and tell him his wife sent his cigars over and we're taking care of them . ;)

It all depends on where you are in Iraq (I can't speak for Kuwait). CP is not totally blocked at any of the sites that I have traveled to, however the Marine's do block CP and other sites that don't end in .mil during certain hours of the day.

Jason

It was blocked at most, if not all Kuwait bases, but the controls are not as stiff in Iraq. It really depends on the automation section and the Commander.

Tim

Wow that is messed up!!! Don't they know Cigar Pass is great for morale??? Tell Lurch thanks for everything!!

I know anything with the word cigar in the url is blocked at all USAF facilities

I know anything with the word cigar in the url is blocked at all USAF facilities

What is the reasoning behind this?

Thanks for the update, tell him to take care and that we are keeping him in our prayers.

Smoking in any form is not a life style the military endorses!

Smoking in any form is not a life style the military endorses!

So they don't sell tobacco products at the PX??? or collect the taxes that help pay for disenfranchised, underprivlidged, uninsured, children and young adults???? :0

Oh you can buy the products, but you can't use a goverment computer system to access anything with that sequence of letters in the url.

Apparently Kuwait is ran by a bunch of sissy english pigdogs. Here in Iraq the restrictions are a little less tight so I'm able to get on. Whenever I get to my permenant domicile I'll be able to hop on the net a little more frequently. The section of theater I'm in has be so developed I don't even recognize it from my last time here. The whole base is ran like a corporation and gives off the vibe that there is some serious dough being spent to build it up. But, that is a little over my pay grade so what do I know. Take it easy and I'll see y'all on the flipside....

lurch

Good to hear from you. Hope all is going as well as can be expected.