• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Met Ole' Man Avo Uvezian

stogieman

" Herf King "
I was planning to go to Daytona Beach last night for dinner and some drinks at a real nice Hungarian restaurant and then finish off the evening with a walk on the beach with my fiance and a fine ceegar but are plans sort of changed. As the day went by, the clouds started to roll in, so we talked about it and did a change in plans. We decided to go down towards South Orlando and find place to eat down there. We stopped on International Drive and went to Race Rock which is a race fans type of place. They have every type of racing imaginable from dragsters to motorcycle to speed boat and much more. When we got there, the NASCAR Busch series race was on so that was cool. As we were about to leave, I over heard some other gentlemen talking about Avo doing an appearance at the Corona Ciagr Company. We were right down the road and we had really nothing else to do, so we stopped in. The place was about half packed and we grabbed a couple of beers and we waited a few minutes for the ole' boy to show up. Just around 7 PM, Avo comes in and the place gets a little louder. He does his walk around shaking hands and and then sits down behind a real nice piano. He is accompanied by a fellow drummer and a base celloist. They start off with some great Cuban music and then into some old Sinatra stuff. He played with Sinatra's band for a long time he said which must have been cool. After about 20 minutes, they took a short break and mingled in the crowd. I talked with him for a few minutes and he is a real down to Earth person. He said he just recently sold his cigar company to Davidoff for $40 million but he still has a lot of say so about the cigars they produce. As we were talking he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a cigar for me which was an AVO 77 and he said "Enjoy this my friend and the rest of the show." My fiance was amaized and with him and I had to buy a box of his cigars after that. I picked up a box of the AVO Signature Double Corona series and had Avo sign it personnaly to make the evening full. :D We stayed another 2 hours listening to him play the piano and enjoyed the AVO 77 to the fullist. :thumbs:

Sorry for the rambling, but it was a great night and I had to share my experince with you all.

Wow!! That is way cool !!

Do you think he might ever show up at our local Pizza Hut??

Great story. It is wonderful to see successful people accessible to their clients. I will have to go buy an AVO after hearing that. I have never had one. Thanks for taking us there.

Sounds like a great evening out :D Great story, thanks for sharing it with us ;)

BenjieV :D

By the way how was the smoke?

great story stogie!!!!

i'm still waiting for an encounter like that!

Great story. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

ALostTexan

$40 million huh? Maybe starting my own cigar company is not that bad an idea after all :p. Seriously though, sounds like a night to remember. And by the way the Avo's I've had have been universally excellent.

-Craig